Spaying question

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butt in the air and rolling around sounds like heat.
Is she normally a quiet girl? Missy didn't meow much through her heats, just lots of rolling around and rubbing on things like chair legs.

Check with your vet, apparently some don't like to spay during a heat cycle.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When i took Rosie in they took her in to be checked over and the nurse came back out asking me if she was in heat?. I said i didn't know because she was a vocal cat anyway, but she asked was she licking down below more than normal because she was red which is another sign, i said no more than normal because she was always cleaning herself.

I was told to leave her while the vet took another look, because if she had of been in heat they couldn't operate because they said her uterus etc... would be so fragile and fall apart otherwise.

Anyway she was fine, but the vet will know when you take her in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
I've booker her in
I told the vet I thought she was in heat and they said it should be over by Fri anyway but they would check her. I'm actually finding it hard to think about it without getting tearful. she goes in on Friday so that I can watch her on Sat. She will not need to stay over night.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww Lauren don't worry chick
Weve all been there and if it helps i bawled my eyes out both times when i had to hand them over to the nurse

Just remember they do this sort of procedure everyday so to them it's like doing your nomal tasks at the office.

I think the thing that upsets us is that they don't know whats happening to them, and can't understand why your leaving them behind, because i'll never forget Sophies little face as long as i live as if to say " where are they taking me mum?! ", and thats what started me crying

I'm filling up now just thinking of it

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Lauren, I agree that if she is in heat, it should be over by Friday! Everything will be just fine!

It is so hard to leave our babies at the vets and the worry is terrible! Just keep yourself busy and prepare everything for Nismo on her return home!

When Molly was spayed, I got a 'goody bag' of things for her! It contained some light chicken and rice wet food (to be gentle on her tum), her e-collar and some other bits and bobs!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by rosiemac

I think the thing that upsets us is that they don't know whats happening to them, and can't understand why your leaving them behind, because i'll never forget Sophies little face as long as i live as if to say " where are they taking me mum?! ", and thats what started me crying

I'm filling up now just thinking of it
This is exactly it. I have to go to work on Friday so at least I'll have this place to keep my mind occupied lol. The vet is just 2 mins up the road from where I work so it's fine for me dropping her off, and I'll leave work early to pick her up.
Unfortunately Mark has an exam on Friday so I'm going it alone

Marks brother will be around to make sure Sleeves is ok though.
I'll have to get her some goodies poor little thing. Maybe she'll have her sweeties from her Aunty Sarah by then too

Unfortunately Sleeves is going to have to starve the night before too because it would be impossible to keep her off his food.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you not give sleeves his food in a room on his own?, because thats what i did with Rosie.

I just put her up in their room and shut her in for an hour when it was feeding time.

You'll be a lot better being on the site where we can keep you calm

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh she definitely will have her sweetie by then, Lauren!
(Will be popping to the PO tomorrow, as it was jammed today
)

I know what you mean about having to starve Sleeves too!
I have to starve all three of mine if one has to go to the vets

I bet they'll both enjoy their treats after Nismo gets home!