Spayed

Graciethecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I really need help!! I’m freaking out right now. I got my female cat fixed two days ago. She wants nothing to do with her food or water and we are on day 2. I don’t know what to do. She is just hiding and laying down. I would call my vet but they are not open right now. I need advice!!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Was she given any pain medication? That can make cats feel a bit out of it for a while, but two days with no food or water isn't normal.

Has she used her litter box at all?
Can you check the spay site for bleeding, inflammation or any signs of infection?

You could try giving her a little water with a syringe. Advice on how to do that here. How To Get Your Cat To Start Eating Again – TheCatSite Articles

Do you have an ER vet you can call?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Graciethecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She had anesthesia during the surgery. She use the bathroom the first day, she pooped. Other then that she hasn’t used the litter box. Eat or drink anything in 2 days. She did jump on something without me knowing today. (Day 2) and I seen just a bit bleeding but not much. She ate a little bit of treats this morning but after that I try giving her more (seem to be the only thing she would eat). But this morning was the only time she would even touch the treats (about six treats) but hasn’t touched it. I took the water bowl to her and she still haven’t touched it. I’m freaking out right now and don’t know what to do.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Any updates. Were you able to reach your Vet by now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Graciethecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I actually called a emergency vet that night. Then got off the phone mixed her food and water together and she started drinking it the night of day 2. We are on day 3 she got a lot more water in her and I went to pick up soft food and she ate a lot of it. She moving around a lot more and been coming out of her hiding spot. Stitches and everything look great.