Spayed Cat has Kitten

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just in my opinion but if you had a previous cat put to sleep due to pregnancy complications why on EARTH did not you immediatley fix this cat as to prevent a pregnancy altogether..
I think Baby cat was a stray, that's when the poster found her and had her spayed. I'm glad it turned out okay in the end just sad for the babies. I'm glad they let you know she was along with them and you were able to make that call. Sometimes they all don't. Some Vets also won't do a spay when they are that far either.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so glad baby and spayed mom are doing well. Please keep us posted! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starla65

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just in my opinion but if you had a previous cat put to sleep due to pregnancy complications why on EARTH did not you immediatley fix this cat as to prevent a pregnancy altogether
First of all, these are stray cats in the neighborhood that other people have abandoned and/or not taken care of.  I have three of my own in the house that I take very good care of.  I do what I can for those on the outside.  Baby Cat happens to be one that I can touch whereas most of them I cannot even get near but I feed them so that they do not starve and I put out warm bedding and such for them in the winter.  Just my opinion, but why on EARTH don't you know the situation before you start questioning me and my actions?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you are doing amazingly well in looking after all these cats and their kittens as best you can. ~Once things have calmed down and all the kittens are weaned maybe you can borrow a humane trap to get hold of the females? The vet, your husband's friend, might have one.~then at least they (and you~) will not have to go through this again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starla65

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kitten is weighing in at 5.3 ounces today and is gaining a half ounce every day!  I could look at him today and see how much he has grown in a few days!  If I could afford it, I would get all these cats fixed, males and females, they would have all their shots and all be in perfect health!  I live in a small town and while the vet is our friend, he has to make a living too and cannot write off but so much of the bills.  I spent $156 on Baby Cat and we are a one income family here.  Everything extra I have goes to take care of these cats because I cannot see them hungry or cold or in pain.  My light bill in the winter runs about $300 because I have electric blankets plugged in as a base for beds and boxes and other things for the strays and wilds.  That is the one time they all get along with each other...when they cuddle up on the front porch and back patio on the blankets and under the lights and things I put out for them!  They even have electric water bowls to keep the water frozen and they eat twice a day and they get dry and canned food!  The are a point of contention occasionally for my husband and I and the neighbors and I and the local police department and I.  Luckily the mayor is on my side and feeds them too!  There are also a couple of opossums around that eat too.  I feed the birds and squirrels too.  I buy a lottery ticket twice a week every week with the intentions of opening my own refuge.  Hopefully my numbers will come in one day while I am still able to make a difference. 

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The kitten is weighing in at 5.3 ounces today and is gaining a half ounce every day!  I could look at him today and see how much he has grown in a few days!  If I could afford it, I would get all these cats fixed, males and females, they would have all their shots and all be in perfect health!  I live in a small town and while the vet is our friend, he has to make a living too and cannot write off but so much of the bills.  I spent $156 on Baby Cat and we are a one income family here.  Everything extra I have goes to take care of these cats because I cannot see them hungry or cold or in pain.  My light bill in the winter runs about $300 because I have electric blankets plugged in as a base for beds and boxes and other things for the strays and wilds.  That is the one time they all get along with each other...when they cuddle up on the front porch and back patio on the blankets and under the lights and things I put out for them!  They even have electric water bowls to keep the water frozen and they eat twice a day and they get dry and canned food!  The are a point of contention occasionally for my husband and I and the neighbors and I and the local police department and I.  Luckily the mayor is on my side and feeds them too!  There are also a couple of opossums around that eat too.  I feed the birds and squirrels too.  I buy a lottery ticket twice a week every week with the intentions of opening my own refuge.  Hopefully my numbers will come in one day while I am still able to make a difference. 
I don't know if you're in the US but if you are, Imom.org might be able to help you in getting them spayed. Alley Cat Allies also does list some ideas to raise funds and just general ideas too.   I don't know that the electric blankets are such a good idea, if they chew on them they could get shocked. I use straw in their little house I made them and it helps to keep them warmer.