Spayed and neutered

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to come back to the community πŸ˜”. My kittens Grayson ( boy) and Little One (girl) were both fixed on the same day and we are about ten days in, why is Grayson still trying to mate with Little One. The whole idea of fixing them was to stop this behavior I hope someone here can help me. I am tired of keeping her locked up. Help 😞😞😞

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They both were done on the 19th of this month

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I'm not mistaken he can still have the hormones and be fertile for a few weeks after being neutered this would explain why he is still trying to mate with your female

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They say from what I have read that it could take up to month for him to not be fertile anymore yet I wonder if she still smell's like a female at this point? It may take her that long too. This is just so frustrating 😞

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He still has his hormones too so yea he should settle down in a few weeks.
With her being spayed if he were to do something she won't get pregnant but I would prevent him from even doing so. I would let them continue seeing each other every day and playing as usual while supervised this way they don't go weeks without seeing each other and then experience non recognition aggression towards each other.

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He still has his hormones too so yea he should settle down in a few weeks.
With her being spayed if he were to do something she won't get pregnant but I would prevent him from even doing so. I would let them continue seeing each other every day and playing as usual while supervised this way they don't go weeks without seeing each other and then experience non recognition aggression towards each other.
We had our first meet and greet today and it was with strick supervision. Just the living room all other doors closed. I have the boys locked up now so she can have freedom. She will go back in the room tonight and we will continue the meet and greet again tomorrow. Thank you for your advice
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had our first meet and greet today and it was with strick supervision. Just the living room all other doors closed. I have the boys locked up now so she can have freedom. She will go back in the room tonight and we will continue the meet and greet again tomorrow. Thank you for your advice
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ
You're welcome.
I assumed they new each other already.
Are they just recently meeting each other?

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so they all do know each other.. lol thank you for clearing that up.
I think everything will go back to normal in a couple weeks.
Just keep doing what you are doing it seems like you have a great plan/system in place. It will just take a little time. Then they should all be fine and not trying to do naughty things to the sister lol

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok so they all do know each other.. lol thank you for clearing that up.
I think everything will go back to normal in a couple weeks.
Just keep doing what you are doing it seems like you have a great plan/system in place. It will just take a little time. Then they should all be fine and not trying to do naughty things to the sister lol
Lol ikr 🀣. He out weights her by 4 lbs. He is 11lbs and she is 6 lbs lol

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol ikr 🀣. He out weights her by 4 lbs. He is 11lbs and she is 6 lbs lol
That's a bit of a difference lol...
Anyway if you can give updates as the weeks pass. Pictures too are awesome just saying... hahaha have a great day and hopefully this behavior will end quickly so they can all be out without him trying to a dirty boy 🀣🀣

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's a bit of a difference lol...
Anyway if you can give updates as the weeks pass. Pictures too are awesome just saying... hahaha have a great day and hopefully this behavior will end quickly so they can all be out without him trying to a dirty boy 🀣🀣
🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣