Spay Stitches

Mimijrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

my cat just got spayed on the 4th of July and I think that her stitches are healing okay but I'm not sure since she's the first cat that I have owned I don't know if this is how the stitches are supposed to look like after 5 days what do you guys think?(please excuse my bad English)

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Your English is perfect. Good job getting your girl spayed. Her incision looks great! No redness, no oozing. Those stitches look a little long, but looks like she's got no problems with the spay incision.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The incision area seems to look good. So long as there isn't a lot of heat, or discoloration, or drainage from the incision site, she should be good. But if you're ever unsure, it's always worth it to ask your vet!
Were the ends of the stitches always sticking out like that? I'm not saying that is a problem. I've just never seen them done like that before. I'm not an expert, though. I'm sure that if the stiches were always like that, it's fine. I've only seen a few spay incisions, but my cat had a complication / infection during her healing, so I think that your cat's incision looks good by comparison.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mimijrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Your English is perfect. Good job getting your girl spayed. Her incision looks great! No redness, no oozing. Those stitches look a little long, but looks like she's got no problems with the spay incision.
thank you so much this is my first post and there are already nice people helping me again thank you

Mimijrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The stitches look fine. I don’t see any redness or swelling around the incision and it looks dry. Those are the things you need to look out for: redness, swelling, discharge, pain.

Is that your kitty in the photo? She’s pretty.
thanks for the reply and yup that's her thanks for the compliment

Mimijrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The incision area seems to look good. So long as there isn't a lot of heat, or discoloration, or drainage from the incision site, she should be good. But if you're ever unsure, it's always worth it to ask your vet!
Were the ends of the stitches always sticking out like that? I'm not saying that is a problem. I've just never seen them done like that before. I'm not an expert, though. I'm sure that if the stiches were always like that, it's fine. I've only seen a few spay incisions, but my cat had a complication / infection during her healing, so I think that your cat's incision looks good by comparison.
I will be visiting the vet in two days for a check up so hopefully she's going to be be fine and yeah her stitches looked like that since I brought her home from the vet she did not show any interest In biting or licking them but I still dressed her in a onesie just in case

Mimijrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
you're welcome :)

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty girl, and i love her outfit! Her site looks fine to me as well. I always kept my girls in a cone, tried the outfits, they would not walk, they hated them, but they are way cuter than a cone! :heartshape: Do let us know what the vet says about the cute girl!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be visiting the vet in two days for a check up so hopefully she's going to be be fine and yeah her stitches looked like that since I brought her home from the vet she did not show any interest In biting or licking them but I still dressed her in a onesie just in case

:hithere::hellosmiley: :heartshape:Good idea to protect the stitches although your girl doesn't look too thrilled with the outfit :crackup:

Mimijrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pretty girl, and i love her outfit! Her site looks fine to me as well. I always kept my girls in a cone, tried the outfits, they would not walk, they hated them, but they are way cuter than a cone! :heartshape: Do let us know what the vet says about the cute girl!
thanks for the reply and I will defiantly update you guys after the visit to the vet

Mimijrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:hithere::hellosmiley: :heartshape:Good idea to protect the stitches although your girl doesn't look too thrilled with the outfit:crackup:
it might look like it in the picture but she really dose not mind it at all since I made sure the arm and leg holes were as big as I can make them so she can walk freely the only thing that I think could be bothering her is that she can't groom:)

Mimijrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi guys sorry for the late update but I took stitch to the vet yesterday for a follow up and the vet said she is doing great and her stitches look good, apparently they were supposed to fall off but they didn't so she cut them off (they were really loose and about to fall anyway but I didn't want stitch to pull them).
and this is how her wound is looking what do you guys think?

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi Mimi. Your English is good enough for everyone to understand you perfectly so don't worry about it.

Is the little bit of red a scab?

Mimijrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Mimi. Your English is good enough for everyone to understand you perfectly so don't worry about it.

Is the little bit of red a scab?
Thank you
And yeah there used to be a scab there but it fell off now it’s pink where it used to be