spay question

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So do you know how that thing on sunday works?? I mean, is it a low cost place or anything cool like that??

I wouldn't take it too personal on what some people say, they are concerned for the welfare of all cats! There is millions of them put to sleep every year because there are no homes for them! So they're just trying to prevent another helpless animal from having to be put down!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

So do you know how that thing on sunday works?? I mean, is it a low cost place or anything cool like that??

I wouldn't take it too personal on what some people say, they are concerned for the welfare of all cats! There is millions of them put to sleep every year because there are no homes for them! So they're just trying to prevent another helpless animal from having to be put down!
I know, but I think I've made it blantantly clear that I'm going to have them both fixed as soon as humanly possible.....so.....I just didn't get that.

Anyway, yeah, they do it for free or some kind of donation. They give you a voucher that you take to a certain vet (a vet I've used before and know is good so thats a bonus) and that takes the voucher as payment. I don't know how much I will have to pay for the voucher but only one way to find out and thats to show up and apply
Once I have the voucher all I have to do is call and make the appt so they will probably be fixed within a couple weeks.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh thats wonderfull!! Its nice to find something that is relativly cheap like that! I got my boys neutered today and it cost over $200! (there was two of them) But one of them had to have his ringworm scraped too, so that cost an additional 40 bucks!! I wish I could have found something like that here! Its so expencive and with 3 kids its almost un-affordable!! I was lucky I had just gotten my taxes back so I could fix mine! I paid all the bills for this month and next month, paid the rent until july and then fixed my boys and now its all gone! Im broke all over again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I went to the Petco thing and stood in line for a while only to find out that I had been misinformed by the employees I had spoken to. It was for vaccines, not spay/neuter. So now I'm back to using the humane society. But I got good news today. The person who actually runs the spay/neuter thing there called me to make an appt for the first vaccine and he said that Jasper only needs to have the first vaccine and then can have the surgery two weeks after that. That is sooo much better than what I was being told before!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
does a little happy dance ... and a big
to the petco guy who didnt know vaxs only)