Spay incison

Anggg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is my cats spay incision healing correctly?
1B45466E-6176-447D-BD75-15FD63AF6856.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! When was kitty spayed? It looks like it may be a bit open in one small area but I am not a vet. The best thing I can suggest is getting the vet to check the incision. You may be able to send them a photo to get an opinion when the office opens. Try to keep kitty from high levels of activity, jumping around or licking the incision. Is kitty eating, drinking and going potty normally?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anggg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! When was kitty spayed? It looks like it may be a bit open in one small area but I am not a vet. The best thing I can suggest is getting the vet to check the incision. You may be able to send them a photo to get an opinion when the office opens. Try to keep kitty from high levels of activity, jumping around or licking the incision. Is kitty eating, drinking and going potty normally?
Hello! She was spayed on the 14th. I was thinking it looked a little bit open too so that kinda worried me, I’ll definitely have to send them a photo. And yes she is eating and pottying pretty normally

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That’s good that she is eating, drinking and going potty okay. I see a bit of a little bulge so maybe she has a little fluid there that caused a stitch to come lose. That’s not uncommon but the opening needs to be seen to. It’s always hard to tell much from a photo. Even for a vet but it is a very good way to monitor her. Bravo for keeping watch over her incision. Any fluid with a smell coming out, redness or warmth at the site would be the other stuff to watch for. Please do let us know how she is doing. The rest of the site looks clear. She has a pretty belly! Lol I bet the rest of her is just beautiful! I love kitty faces too if you want to post a photo. :)

Anggg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That’s good that she is eating, drinking and going potty okay. I see a bit of a little bulge so maybe she has a little fluid there that caused a stitch to come lose. That’s not uncommon but the opening needs to be seen to. It’s always hard to tell much from a photo. Even for a vet but it is a very good way to monitor her. Bravo for keeping watch over her incision. Any fluid with a smell coming out, redness or warmth at the site would be the other stuff to watch for. Please do let us know how she is doing. The rest of the site looks clear. She has a pretty belly! Lol I bet the rest of her is just beautiful! I love kitty faces too if you want to post a photo. :)

Anggg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the help ! But yesss she’s so cuteee
1406BF2B-6088-4952-9EF1-BE829D5CB123.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! Such a beauty! I love that little pink heart nose too! Thank you for the picture! I hope she is feeling good. Keep us posted.