Spay Incision

amarshall0919

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does this spay incision look alright? We are on day three since the surgery. It does look a little red to me, and it seems that some crust may be forming. I notice that it’s also more swelled in that area than it has been the previous days. I know this is a part of it healing, I just want to make sure I’m not overlooking a possible infection.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amarshall0919

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg I’ve noticed that one of the stitches has started to grow underneath the skin!! I know this happens sometimes but won’t this make it harder to remove?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks pretty good, the incision always looks kinda bad for a while. It looks maybe a little 'wet', the shiny appearance, if it is, keep an eye on that. Clear, a little bloody drainage is normal, if it gets colored, yellow/green/white, that is not. A lump or swelling under the incision is normal, it is from the inside trauma. The good thing is it is not an angry red, so that is positive. You could take those, and possibly a couple more, photos to your vet and have them look at it to set your mind at ease.