Spay Incision

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, entirely normal.
I cannot actually see under the fold of skin...but if it is the same...then it's good.

Just keep an eye on it for any oozing, or excessive weeping, yellow or green pus, or angry looking red skin. Also any higher temps around the incision site, too. And of course...no excessive opening....or excessive licking.

Can we see a photo of what your girl looks like, from the face, too.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
First, that incision looks fine to me. A little blood, or dried serum, is perfectly normal, as is slight redness at the edges of the incision. cat nap cat nap told you just what I would have, insofar as what to watch for.

Second, let me say WELCOME, and how happy we are to have you here with us!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Savimae18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, entirely normal.
I cannot actually see under the fold of skin...but if it is the same...then it's good.

Just keep an eye on it for any oozing, or excessive weeping, yellow or green pus, or angry looking red skin. Also any higher temps around the incision site, too. And of course...no excessive opening....or excessive licking.

Can we see a photo of what your girl looks like, from the face, too.
Absolutely!!! Heres a few!

Attachments

Savimae18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! She was from a litter from a spay cat and i fell in love! Its so cute she has a little tuft of fur growing out her nose!

Savimae18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is day 5. Still normal looking??? Freaking out slightly

Attachments

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
It does actually look more opened, than from Monday, especially the bottom half.
Because today is Friday, I would take her back in to see the Vet...for a recheck.

But yeah, don't freak out, since they usually have two sets of internal stitches...and sometimes only close the outside with surgical glue.

Savimae18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It does actually look more opened, than from Monday, especially the bottom half.
Because today is Friday, I would take her back in to see the Vet...for a recheck.

But yeah, don't freak out, since they usually have two sets of internal stitches...and sometimes only close the outside with surgical glue.
I did message a vet tech friend who says it seems normal. She acts perfectly fine and everything. Shes actually more rambunctious than ever. They did only close the outside with glue.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks normal to me, I've had several that have opened up more than that. It will heal fine. Just make sure there is no bright red blood or active oozing colored discharge. a lump underneath the skin is normal too if she has one. There are internal stitches and swelling.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
While it may look more open at the bottom, what I think we are seeing is scabbing and some dried serum, which is entirely normal. Slightly puffy, also entirely normal. What I do not see is redness, severe swelling, or weeping puss. It really does look OK, if not absolutely optimal.

Savimae18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all! Jinx is looking wonderfully and has been released from jail as of yesterday night!!