Spay incision normal? (PHOTO)

nicknack914

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my 7-month-old kitten spayed this Tuesday. She managed to get out of her cone and onsie a few times, and although she doesn’t seem to bother her incision site too much, I’m still worried that she may have licked it when I wasn’t watching her. Does it look normal? Is it scabbing, or could there be signs of infection? I noticed some dry blood, which wasn’t there two days ago.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nicknack914

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys, it seemed better today, but I’ve just noticed a blood spot near where she was resting, and her incision also looks slightly wet. This isn’t normal for the sixth day post-surgery, right? There’s no noticeable smell, pus, or heat around the incision site, but I’m worried it may have reopened as she was quite active today, jumping onto the sofa and the kitchen counter several times. Would it be best to have it checked with a vet tomorrow?

Attachments

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. That’s not normal for 6 days post op. The blood spot has me concerned. I would call the vet in the morning. It is all probably superficial, but it’s best to have it looked at.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nicknack914

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. That’s not normal for 6 days post op. The blood spot has me concerned. I would call the vet in the morning. It is all probably superficial, but it’s best to have it looked at.
Hi, I went to see a vet today and was told that her incision actually looks good! I guess the bleeding was indeed superficial, there are now some scabs forming. I did get an anti-inflammatory for pain just in case. Thanks for your advice!