Spay incision - does this look okay?

monbebe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!

My cat was spayed on Wednesday 20th of this month. She was at the vets until yesterday as she was boarding while I was away. Her incision looks like the attached picture tonight. Does it look okay?

She hasn't been licking but she does get quiet active and I have been trying to stop that as much as I can.

Tia :)

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd keep an eye on it. For almost 6 days old, it is just a smidgen redder then I would like to see but that could be stress from boarding, reaction to the sutures, and running around. I'd take a photo every few hours and compare them to ensure it is healing. If you notice spreading redness or puss contact your vet for a check.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it looks a little 'wet' to me too. it has spread apart in a few locations too, but not bad enough to warrant concern. Get some cat wound spray, soak a cotton ball and wipe it once or twice a day, (Cats hate the spraying sound) or apply some antibiotic cream with NO pain killers in it. (cats are sensitive to the pain killers) It looks pretty good, so just keep an eye on it. I have had SO many ferals spayed that get released the next day. They jump and climb trees right away and have all been fine.