Spay incision does this look ok for day 13?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ZsuzsiCica

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! Thank you for the reply!
I did reach out to my normally awesome vet.
However as I did take kitty to the SPCA, instead of the vet, my vet declined seeing us for this. They asked we get the records for the spay first.
I called the SPCA last night and also sent email w photo. I called this morning and the nurse told me not to worry, looks ok but to come in tomorrow to check and make sure.
Kitty may need antibiotics.

ZsuzsiCica

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't think her age would make that much difference, but honestly don't really know. Glad you're getting her checked out. Hopefully it's fine, but best to err on the side of caution.

ZsuzsiCica

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That looks quite red for 13 days, so I would suggest either calling your vet and making an appointment, or sending them a copy of that picture to get their opinion.

Just for reference, there's some pics of normal and infected spay incisions in this TCS article.
Spaying And Neutering - What To Look For After Surgery | TheCatSite
Ok just came back from SPCA where the initial surgery was done. They cleaned the site up and and it does look much better. It is healing well so we did not need antibiotics . Told me to keep cone until Tuesday and then send pic to get the ok to go ahead and take it off.
She won't let me take a pic just yet but I might post one from today later on

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad you got her checked out. And good she didn't need antibiotics.
Sending vibes that it continues to heal well over the weekend, and that you'll be able to take off the cone on Tuesday.
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::lovecat:

ZsuzsiCica

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_20231012_135356361.jpg

Z ZsuzsiCica : Just thought of you and your cat. How are things now?
Much better thank you! We went back on Tuesday as the second picture I sent them also resulted in the vet tech to tell me to come in. This picture attached is from today. I am keeping the cone on for more time as I do not want to risk it but looks much better

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Right? I think I may have been just overly cautious but I feel better about it
I wouldn't say you were overly cautious. It's always best to err on the side of caution, especially with our fur babies.