Spay incision check

sweetsmuckers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just want to check what you guys think. I called the ver thw other day and sent some pictures and said that it looks fine and is healing well. As a nurse for humans, I get a bit worried. I just need reassurance- besides my vet- from orher cat parents who are going thru their cat's spay healing cycle.

Taken today (almost 4 days post-op)
75CAF067-CF1F-4800-823D-A37229C01E20.jpeg

My baby girl, Ellie😻
9E82D720-2ED1-4662-92D7-BF60F7E049CE.jpeg
5D2780A4-824B-4AB9-8ED6-33689A78CA7F.jpeg
48296B93-4AC2-4767-9FE3-3443DEC4B165.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks fine to me, clean and dry. Just keep an eye on it, check for any weeping, redness or bad smell. Pretty little girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetsmuckers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It looks fine to me, clean and dry. Just keep an eye on it, check for any weeping, redness or bad smell. Pretty little girl.
Thank you so much! Youd think after my other two cats getting apayed and neutered Id be used to this? I think my worrying is just worse😅 Thank you for the reply🙏🏼

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had countless spayed, a little stray just last Thursday, and still get sick to my stomach! What a precious little girl!
The incision looks good, it came a little apart but will heal fine, I've had them dehiscence much more than that and they healed OK. The slight swelling is from the trauma inside. The main thing to look for is spreading dark redness and oozing of a colored discharge. The cat will stop eating too. Just keep an eye on it (you are lucky to be able to do so, most of mine are feral and released within 24 hours.). She should be fine in a couple of weeks!

sweetsmuckers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've had countless spayed, a little stray just last Thursday, and still get sick to my stomach! What a precious little girl!
The incision looks good, it came a little apart but will heal fine, I've had them dehiscence much more than that and they healed OK. The slight swelling is from the trauma inside. The main thing to look for is spreading dark redness and oozing of a colored discharge. The cat will stop eating too. Just keep an eye on it (you are lucky to be able to do so, most of mine are feral and released within 24 hours.). She should be fine in a couple of weeks!
Thank you for this! Oh trust me, I am like a hawk watching her suture site🧐 So far, no signs or symptoms of infection, appetite is good, pooping and peeing fine...just the running and jumping around makes me nervous😅

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I know! I let my little stray out after 24 hours and within an hour looked out and she was rolling around wrestling with her much bigger brother! Scared me to death! But she is fine, still not really sure if she can ever trust me again, LOL.

sweetsmuckers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh I know! I let my little stray out after 24 hours and within an hour looked out and she was rolling around wrestling with her much bigger brother! Scared me to death! But she is fine, still not really sure if she can ever trust me again, LOL.
Hahaha! Right? Well at least I wasnt therebin the operating room with her or shed be giving me the death stare😅