Spay Help - Stitch seems to be popping out?

airottt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
Our kitty,Yuki, was spayed on Sept 1st. She’s been fine and we’ve been managing her play, etc.

we didn’t want to put a cone on her and so we got her a recovery suit but she’s been biting through it and I have been seeing it up.

Now, I’ve ordered a cone because I am worried she’ll continue biting through the suit and she’ll get an infection!

But as I was looking at the surgery area today, I noticed that there is a stitch popping out— sort of straight up. Do I need to worry about this and go to the vet or will it be fine?

I’ve attached some photos, hopefully you can see it! It’s pretty small.

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it'll be ok. After 4 days the really critical time has past and it's starting to heal. Of course keep a close eye on it to make sure nothing gets worse but I don't think that little bit poking out will be a problem.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree with Willowy. Check it a couple of times a day, and compare it to those photos. If it gets worse, or becomes red, puffy, and weeping, call your vet and take her in immediately. I do not think that it will.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The incision looks VERY good! I have had cats open up their incisions a little bit and they have healed fine. The stitch may have been too close to the edge and pulled loose. If you feel a lump at the site, that is normal too, there are swelling and stitches inside too. They dissolve over time. I have never used a cone or any kind of restraint and have never had any problems, I know I've spayed at least 20 cats in my lifetime!