Spay Day for Cosette

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys...again...thank you so much for all of your kind words and vibes
I couldn't have made it through the past 24 hours without y'all. Now I'm on the way to pick up my angel from the Humane Society her and cuddle her for the whole weekend!

Kelly, I'm so glad Sui made it through too!!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You must be so relieved! Try to get some sleep tonight, and not wake up and check on her every 15 minutes. Enjoy your weekend of cuddles (I'm sure she will).

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your little one came through fine.
I did feel like the staff there could be a little bit more friendly and take into account how the new owners feel, especially when they are so small. I have only adopted one cat from there, and I also adopted one from the Beaufort S.C. shelter, they were really nice. I got Chaucer there when he was 10 weeks or so, a little tiny guy and he had already been neutered, so I didnt have to take him back in.
All of the females I have had spayed have done really well. No problems. I have done quite a few ferals I am taking care of in Savannah. I think the younger they are the easier it is for them to recover. Griff acted like nothing happened to him at all when he came back home. But for males I think it is less invasive surgery than females. I know your little girl will be glad to see you when you get to pick her up. Glad she is out of there and doing o.k.

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

You guys...again...thank you so much for all of your kind words and vibes
I couldn't have made it through the past 24 hours without y'all. Now I'm on the way to pick up my angel from the Humane Society her and cuddle her for the whole weekend!

Kelly, I'm so glad Sui made it through too!!!!
Oh I'm glad little Cosette will be home with her loving mama. Poor Sui doesn't get crabmeat, she just gets dumb ole tuna (and a little catmilk--she still drinks it from a bottle). I'll probably keep Sui separated until her incision heals. She is such a little tornado!!!!!! Seriously, she will kick kibble out of her dish to play with when I put everything away to calm her down. I'm so glad I had someone to share this worry and joy with!!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
COSETTE IS SAFE AND SOUND AT HOME! I'm so relieved; maybe I'll eat a bit now. Bless her heart- all she wanted to do was crawl all over me, but she's still a bit woozy, so she was wobbling a bit. Now she's all curled up in her bed and purring

Originally Posted by jcat

You must be so relieved! Try to get some sleep tonight, and not wake up and check on her every 15 minutes. Enjoy your weekend of cuddles (I'm sure she will).
Tricia....how on earth did you guess that that's what I planned on doing????
You have me pegged!
I'm gonna try to drink some wine tonight and sleep hard....though I'm sure I'll check on her a couple few times!!!

Originally Posted by malynn

I'm glad your little one came through fine. I did feel like the staff there could be a little bit more friendly and take into account how the new owners feel, especially when they are so small. I have only adopted one cat from there, and I also adopted one from the Beaufort S.C. shelter, they were really nice. I got Chaucer there when he was 10 weeks or so, a little tiny guy and he had already been neutered, so I didnt have to take him back in.
All of the females I have had spayed have done really well. No problems. I have done quite a few ferals I am taking care of in Savannah. I think the younger they are the easier it is for them to recover. Griff acted like nothing happened to him at all when he came back home. But for males I think it is less invasive surgery than females. I know your little girl will be glad to see you when you get to pick her up. Glad she is out of there and doing o.k.
I'm glad you had such a positive spay/neuter experience with your kits!
I almost drove up to the Beautort shelter when I was looking for kittens....fortunately, Cosette found me just in time

Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

Oh I'm glad little Cosette will be home with her loving mama. Poor Sui doesn't get crabmeat, she just gets dumb ole tuna (and a little catmilk--she still drinks it from a bottle). I'll probably keep Sui separated until her incision heals. She is such a little tornado!!!!!! Seriously, she will kick kibble out of her dish to play with when I put everything away to calm her down. I'm so glad I had someone to share this worry and joy with!!!
I'll check in with you here on TCS this weekend
Your Sui sounds so much like Cosette. How old is she now? That is so cute she's still drinking catmilk from the bottle
And I am sure she will appreciate yummy tuna while recuperating!

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy, I'm glad to hear that Cosette is back home in her Meowmy's loving arms! Thank God all the anxiety of waiting to see if the surgery went ok and the anxiety of her not being home is over!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by consumercity

Amy, I'm glad to hear that Cosette is back home in her Meowmy's loving arms! Thank God all the anxiety of waiting to see if the surgery went ok and the anxiety of her not being home is over!
I will second, third, and fourth that! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaamen! Thank you so much for all of your comforting words and concern

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Tricia....how on earth did you guess that that's what I planned on doing????
You have me pegged!
I'm gonna try to drink some wine tonight and sleep hard....though I'm sure I'll check on her a couple few times!!!
I've read so many of your posts that I recognize that we're on the same wavelength. I'm getting old and addle pated, but there was a song that went, "Soul sisters, soul sisters..."

How's Cosette today? I have to admit that I couldn't sleep the night after Jamie was castrated - I must've woken up ten times to check on him.

ranger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So happy to hear she's home and everything went ok! Hope now that you both get a comfortable and restful night and that she's feeling her usual self in the morning. Hugs to you both.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've just been able to catch up now after the weekend

Yay!, the baby's home safe and sound and i bet she's back to her mischevious little self?!

So pleased everything went ok though!