Spawn is missing....

jin & spawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went to Denver on Tuesday, and came home Wednesday. While I was gone, the S/O was supposed to watch his best friend's dog. Well, the first thing this mutt did was chase Spawn! Right out of the house and up a tree. Apparently she sat up in the top of the tree for hours, refusing to come down. My S/O finally gave up trying to get her down, figuring she'd come down on her own, and he went to bed.

The next morning she was gone. She hasn't been home since, even though the dog is gone. The S/O feels horrible (he didn't want to watch that dog in the first place, and even though his friend isn't home yet he took her back to his house and is keeping her there just in case Spawn comes back). I'm so worried about her, and no one has seen her. I've called the vet's to tell them to keep an eye out for her, and I've been trying to get ahold of the local rescue, but no one is answering yet this morning.

I waited all day yesterday for her to come home on her own.... thinking she was just scared or mad.... but nothing. I'm just sick to my stomach wondering where she is. Please pray or send good thoughts or positive energy.... or all three!... that she'll come home to me!!!!

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jin

I'm wishing with all my heart that Spawn is safe, and comes home right away.

I feel your fear and worry, and send all good vibes your way.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jin, I am praying that Spawn will come home soon. She might be chilling somewhere right around the house, trying to handle the trauma. I'd leave food out for her tonight and a pillow on the porch chair. All fingers and toes crossed too!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jin,

They usually hide fairly close to home, so chances are strong that she is around. Look for her at 3:00 a.m. That is when the world is quiet and she will feel safe. Put out some clothes heavy with your scent near the tree where she scampered up so she can smell you and come home. Make fliers and pass them out to your neighbors so they can be on the look out as well. Until then, provide her with food and water outside, and put a cardboard box upside down near it with a hole in it so she can crawl in and feel safe. I am sorry she is missing, and hope you find her soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jin & spawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for all the suggestions and support! I have already put her kitty carrier (which she's comfortable in) outside with a towel that I slept with inside, and her cat food. I've called the vet, and just got off the phone with the local rescue - they don't have her but are watching for her. I'm at work now, but the one neighbor I trust explicitly has a key to the house and will let Spawn in if she shows up.

The bad news is that we got a tip from a neighbor... our terrible, awful neighbor across the street is moving because he thinks everyone hates him (we do... he screams obscenities at his wife and children constantly outside, where we can all hear him...among various other things...) and this neighbor thinks he may have done something to Spawn. She wouldn't say why she thought that, but everyone knows I'm the neighbor he hates the most because I called the cops on him for all the screaming he did one morning. I'm so scared he did something to my kitty... I'm just literally sick.

So I'm trying to keep my mind off of that possibility, and I'm about to call the radio stations - the lady at the rescue said they will run a free ad for missing animals. I hope it works.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really hope Spawn is OK! I am sending prayers your way for a safe return!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Jin,

I hope that your neighbor didn't harm your cat. One thing I have learned, calling animal shelters is a no-win situation. Go there and have a look around, and leave a picture of her with the front desk with you name and phone numbers on the back. Sometimes the women who answer the phone are to busy (or sometimes to lazy) to go and look to see the new arrivals. I am praying for a safe return of your kitty.

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jin,
I hope Spawn comes home to you..... Crossing my fingers for you!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My heart sunk right into my stomach when I read this. I'm soooooooooooooo sorry to hear this.

I will praying so hard that Spawn comes home.

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope she finds her way home to you quickly and safely

calypso

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jin, I am so sorry. I am hoping and praying that Spawn will show up safe and sound.