Space problem?

jingo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, everyone,
so I have 1 mama cat and 5 with five months old kittens with me,
I have spayed the mama ,kitten will getting third vaccine soon for spay surgery,
We usually let them stay inside house fence my parents not allowed them to live inside I let the mama cat stay in my room before when she sick but she seem bored after a month, current problem is suddenly mama cat seem terrified to come home she feel like something is attacking her, ( she been living here 2 years)now she move to next near by empty semi banglo house that still for sale,kitten sometime s follow her.
It's been 3 days but 1 night she able to come back sleep 1 night after I playing with her n kitten ,I can see she is more relax,but next morning she seem rush n back to the empty house again,Now she doesn't look too terrified but she still doesn't want to enter her old living for food n sleep ,now I have to grab the food water place nearby empty big house.
My question is this going temporary or permanent? Is this about space too small for them ? Not much freedom?

Thank you for reading sorry my English.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your English is fine and I understand. I don’t think the space is the reason. There could be many things that scare the kitty or make her nervous. It could be as simple as a new noise, a scent or another animal. It can also be something like a flea. Cats are very aware of any little change. If a predator came near, she would know and go somewhere she felt the predator could not find her. She could also be trying to lead her kitten away from another cat. If the kitten is old enough to mate and has not been spayed or neutered then this could be why she leaves but then returned. Try to be aware of any changes near her and keep encouraging her to return. If the problem is like one I find here sometimes, insects, you will need to get the insects away. We live in a wet place and other animals bring fleas that my kitties pick up. They will run from them until I get rid of the bugs. That is common here but the kitties always returned to me. Just keep watching and if the kitten is of mating age then , when you can, get the young one spayed or neutered. That might solve the problem. Please do write again and update us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jingo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for fast reply!
After I try play with them every night,mama cat has step in house again , yesterday night I let her stay my room,she doing ok but after 40 min she leaving ,this morning she enter my window not sure if to call for food or just want access in, this morning was her 1st time ate her breakfast at old living spot .but after 30 min she seem panic again so I let her in Abit,but my parents saw and not allow I grab her back to old living spot,she freakout again and went back empty house,I guess is her safety issue,it will be nice if she allow stay indoor when she need,I assume is 4 kitten getting grow up it give her territory safety issue?

jingo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your English is fine and I understand. I don’t think the space is the reason. There could be many things that scare the kitty or make her nervous. It could be as simple as a new noise, a scent or another animal. It can also be something like a flea. Cats are very aware of any little change. If a predator came near, she would know and go somewhere she felt the predator could not find her. She could also be trying to lead her kitten away from another cat. If the kitten is old enough to mate and has not been spayed or neutered then this could be why she leaves but then returned. Try to be aware of any changes near her and keep encouraging her to return. If the problem is like one I find here sometimes, insects, you will need to get the insects away. We live in a wet place and other animals bring fleas that my kitties pick up. They will run from them until I get rid of the bugs. That is common here but the kitties always returned to me. Just keep watching and if the kitten is of mating age then , when you can, get the young one spayed or neutered. That might solve the problem. Please do write again and update us.
Also there's neighbor's outdoor cat Free roaming around too ,and sometime we will see another community cat and dog

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, everyone,
so I have 1 mama cat and 5 with five months old kittens with me,
I have spayed the mama ,kitten will getting third vaccine soon for spay surgery,
We usually let them stay inside house fence my parents not allowed them to live inside I let the mama cat stay in my room before when she sick but she seem bored after a month, current problem is suddenly mama cat seem terrified to come home she feel like something is attacking her, ( she been living here 2 years)now she move to next near by empty semi banglo house that still for sale,kitten sometime s follow her.
It's been 3 days but 1 night she able to come back sleep 1 night after I playing with her n kitten ,I can see she is more relax,but next morning she seem rush n back to the empty house again,Now she doesn't look too terrified but she still doesn't want to enter her old living for food n sleep ,now I have to grab the food water place nearby empty big house.
My question is this going temporary or permanent? Is this about space too small for them ? Not much freedom?

Thank you for reading sorry my English.
I'm Guessing your parents don't want to shelter Mama Cat or her kittens. Having the Cats out in the open without weather protection is why Mama Cat is seeking out the nearby empty house for protection. If you would find new homes for those 5 kittens, perhaps Mama cat will stay nearby your home.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be the free roaming animals, seeking safe shelter or the territory thing but I have seen cats remain bonded in families. If you could find homes for the others it might help. Maybe your parents would allow just one cat to remain inside? Try to spend time with her if you can. She obviously has a bond with you and spending time together can reinforce that bond.

jingo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm Guessing your parents don't want to shelter Mama Cat or her kittens. Having the Cats out in the open without weather protection is why Mama Cat is seeking out the nearby empty house for protection. If you would find new homes for those 5 kittens, perhaps Mama cat will stay nearby your home.
HI, vansX2 vansX2
We are living in Malaysia,so we have roof that protect them from rain,mama cat living here around 2 years,kitten has live here around 4 months.( 1month in my room)

Hi Jcatbird Jcatbird
will try figure it out something 😔

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In Maylasia are dogs more popular than cats? Would finding new homes for the kittens be hard?.

jingo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
DO you think mama cat has PTSD?

jingo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In Maylasia are dogs more popular than cats? Would finding new homes for the kittens be hard?.
vansX2 vansX2

The shelter i contact was full will try call again next time.

jingo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was thinking maybe some friends would be interested in adopting a kitten.
yes i did share on social media not at the moment,
probably pandemic cause financial problem

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes i did share on social media not at the moment,
probably pandemic cause financial problem
If your not In a hurry to find the kittens a new home then use Social Media. If your in a hurry. I suggest you search out neighbors whom would be interested in having a kitten. How can they say NO when they see the Cute Kitten in person.