Sourcing cheaper clavamox

lnzsmith

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all:  Our 14 yr old kitty had a ruptured tooth abcess this winter that caused a hole in his soft palate.  Then our well-intentioned vet tried to repair said hole (we didn't research the outcomes well enough, and it failed, leaving a bigger hole).  So he now has a big (size of nickel) hole in his soft palate, associated difficulties eating (we finger feed once a day w/A/D, he feeds himself about 1 can of wet food a day), and perhaps most problematically, a need for maintenance dose antibiotics daily to keep a nasty infection at bay.  I don't know how long he can live like this but he seems mostly pretty okay with the situation, and we will not a) let him starve or b) let him die of an infection we can prevent.  We have tried other, less expensive antibiotics, and they make him violently ill.  And vomiting when you have a hole in your soft palate must be horribly painful.

But the Clavamox is killing us!  It's $30 at the vets for 15 ml.  I've seen online prices for half that, but I'm not sure if those are legit places.  I know our vet would give us a scrip, she is very kind-hearted, but are the online pet meds places safe and reliable.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I've used 1800petmeds but not for antibiotics.  My vet wrote an Rx for flea meds (I had seven cats to treat at the time), and I got them for a good price at 1800petmeds.com.   But I haven't tried buying other kinds of medicines there.  

How about asking your vet what she thinks of the online places you've looked at?