Sorry, but I am so mad right now..

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel for you. I had a bulldog that chewed the legs off my furniture, ate 14 pairs of shoes, refused to be housebroken, and many other charming things. I walked him, played with him, took him swimming every day, put him out on a runner so he could play, and the local brats tormented him into hating kids. Nothing helped for me. I finally gave him to a friend that was just crazy about him, had a farm, and a lot more patience than I had with his nonsense. He live a long, happy life on the farm, and I will never have another dog.
I love my kitties!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm. Sounds like she needs some training.

Also, if she's only six months old, she's still very much a puppy and I feel your pain. Ruby was the most insane - and I mean literally insane - puppy I've ever come across. She's wonderful now, but she did require a lot of work. Once she got older she mellowed out considerably.

Still, she has had consistent and strict training from a young age. Doesn't take much, and it works wonders!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Just one more thing and then I'll leave you alone about this: training is for the people too! It's funny, but it's true... all the dog's people have to know the same rules the dog has learned, or the dog gets mixed messages and doesn't know what to do. So the whole household really needs to be involved.
I agree with this 100%. You can't have 1 or 2 people in charge of training. EVERYONE has to know the rules and be consistant or else the pup isn't sure what he/she can or can't do. And, remember, Lilly IS still a puppy so she had a lot of excess energy to burn. What is healthy exercise for an older dog isn't enough for her because she's still growing, learning and exploring her boundaries. Remember, Lilly is the equivelant of a 7 year old boy! I get exhausted just watching kids play!

I have 4 dogs, and sometimes they do drive me crazy because 3 of them are under 2 years old! Talk about energy!! I try to let them tire each other out. If your playing ball, use more than 1 ball. Your lab probably brings the ball back, so have another (or 3-10) ready to throw again. Or better yet, I've found that the fabric frisbees work great, because whoever actually gets it will get into a tug of war with someone else. All you have to do is sit back and watch them play...until they get bored and want something else thrown.
Gotta love 'em!

When it comes to chewing, she is probably teething...just like a human baby. I recommend getting some bones at the local market and boil them just enough that blood isn't running out of the marrow (normally takes about 10 minutes). You can give them to them raw, but personally, I think they last longer if you boil them off, plus it saves your carpet! Just keep an eye on them and once they start to actually break take them away. There are also the coated bones you can get in any pet section that last forever.

But, the most important thing is training her to know what is allowed and what isn't.