Sores/scabs on cat head and neck

ssaba87

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I noticed a couple of scabs on my cat’s neck after I was out of town for a while and she was staying with my friend. I figured maybe she had gotten fleas or something at his place so I picked up some Frontline and adminsitered the first dose (3-4 days ago or so). However since then the scabs haven’t gone away and I’m pretty sure at least one new one has formed, it seems more like a small open sore on her head. I am not sure if it’s open just because she keeps scratching at them or if new sores or something are forming. I am in a bit of a pickle because I tested positive for COVID a couple days ago so I would be breaking quarantine to take her to a vet. Probably won’t be able to take her until late next week. In the meantime , Does anybody have any idea what these might be /if I should try any specific treatments at this time? I am attaching some pics of the worst sore on top of her head, though it is hard to see and like I said there are a couple more scabs on her neck/one behind her ear. Thanks so much.

Attachments

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh poor girl, that looks like it hurts. Is she pawing at it at all? Does she seem uncomfortable when you touch near it? I would maybe see if you could send these photos to her primary vet, or maybe schedule a telehealth meeting with a vet just to make sure they will be okay in the mean time. I am sorry to hear you have COVID, please feel better and keep us updated on how she is doing and acting. Wounds like that are never fun. :alright:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree that maybe your Vet will look at photos, especially if you explain that you have Covid right now, but in the meantime, maybe you could try this trick from one of our members, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 using tea. "store bought chamomile tea (garden grown chamomile is often unsafe for cats), brewed and cooled and dabbed on the itchy areas can help. It's antifungal, antibacterial and will help ease the itch". You can use it on wounds too, so it should be ok on this.