Sores On Kitten

ferneden

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
I've found that my kitten is covered in sores. She's had scabs for a while, they were very small and we assumed they may have been bug bite reactions or something of the nature but in the last week they have exploded into these sores. They're all over her, the main one is on her neck but there's now one that's developed on her face and some on her back too. I'm so upset because they look so sore and must be so uncomfortable for her.
I have a vet appointment booked for Friday which is the earliest I could get but just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with something like this? I've attached a photo for reference.

Thanks,
Fern

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Those sores could be a lot of things, so I am glad you have a vet visit scheduled. Does she go outside - could it be fleas or some other parasite, ringworm, even? It could even be a food or environmental allergy. Is she acting OK otherwise?

In the meantime, you could use a grocery store tea bag of chamomile tea (no additives), steep it, cool it, and dab it on the sores with a cotton ball. The tea has both soothing and healing properties. I don't think it will get rid of the sores, but keep pics for the vet just in case the tea helps them to heal some. Although, I am guessing what ever it is, is not going to go away until identified and treated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferneden

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. Those sores could be a lot of things, so I am glad you have a vet visit scheduled. Does she go outside - could it be fleas or some other parasite, ringworm, even? It could even be a food or environmental allergy. Is she acting OK otherwise?

In the meantime, you could use a grocery store tea bag of chamomile tea (no additives), steep it, cool it, and dab it on the sores with a cotton ball. The tea has both soothing and healing properties. I don't think it will get rid of the sores, but keep pics for the vet just in case the tea helps them to heal some. Although, I am guessing what ever it is, is not going to go away until identified and treated.
Thanks for the tea idea! She's an indoor cat and we treat the house monthly for fleas because I work in a pet shop and don't want to bring anything home .I've put her into lamb flavoured food in case it's an allergy to chicken but otherwise we've got no clue .Friday has never seemed so far away! She's fine in herself unless you catch the sores or scabs