soreness after shots?

marli

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Natty just got her 12 week immunization shots (a week early). I forgot the spot she had gotten the 2 shots in and rubbed my hand on her fur, and she jumped up, and started to bite my hand, but didn't quite do it.
I know my arm hurts sometimes after shots, but I just wanted to make sure this was normal for cats, or if there could be a problem? and how long should it hurt if it's not a problem?
Thanks!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's quite normal for a kitty to be a little bit sore after their shots (just like we are as you've said)

I would start to be concerned if you see that your kitten is off of her food, or acting letargic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marli

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's been sleeping since we got home, about 5 hours, lol, but she is up and playing now. She hangs off of my treadmill arm, well around it, chasing her tail, so she seems pretty active right now....She ate when she got home, but hasn't had anything since. I'll keep an eye on her though...she's staring at me typing right now, and looks in attack mode. I would think she's ok. It's amazing how much you worry!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats generally are lethargic after they get their shots. So for anyone else whose kitty get shots, expect this when they get home!