Sore on cats mouth?

Nocxoxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m unsure what this is, but I got off work around an hour ago; I came home to this and I’m wondering if anyone can identify/help with info? He’s eating and behaving normally. (He does have herpes if it helps identify, though only shows up in his eyes.I do not have the funds to just up and go to an emergency vet, though I’ll find a way if it’s serious..

Attachments

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Nocxoxo Nocxoxo and welcome to TCS!

It's really hard to tell what this is.. only a vet will really know.
Is the bottom lip swollen? When I blew up the photo it looks like an abrasion, but it could be anything. If he has a history of herpes then maybe that's the issue, or some kind of ulcer emerging.
If funds are an issue I think it's safe to keep an eye on him and wait until you can get him to your vet, but if it gets worse or he seems ill, then you'll need to do the emergency thing.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that I do not think he needs immediate emergency care at this time. That being said If you notice any decline in his behavior I would take him in.
But if you can wait and he doesn't have any changes I would make an appointment to take him to his normal vet
If you notice he stops eating or drinking rhat would be an emergency situation where you shouldn't wait and take him into an emergency vet hospital.
I hope he feels better asap.
Keel us posted posted he is in my thoughts