Sore nose from too many tissues - help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcaregiver

Goodness, you're just falling apart aren't you?
Gee thanks

Well if i have the flu or a cold or tonsilittis other bits get sore. Normally sneezing is perfectly fine, but the way i am now everything moves together. you do realise sneezing is one of the most violent acts a body can do? The reason your eyelids squeeze shut, is that they would pop out of your head otherwise!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

My Father tore the rib cartilage on his left side once from coughing, I'd think that's pretty violent too.
Um...ouch?

Is it safe to say he got all better? lol

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Um...ouch?

Is it safe to say he got all better? lol
Oh, yes, he's fine now, but he loves to tell the tale.... His entire side was purple for weeks, though.

I guess it's one of his 'war-wounds'.

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When the nose is very red and tender, try an over-the-counter antibiotic ointment (Neosporin in the US) for a day or two to help it heal. I use it on the kids at school, usualy three times a day.

Desitin diaper rash ointment is basically zinc oxide. it is a very good choice to prevent problems, as is vaseline of chapstick (both petroleum based).

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well i've pretty much gone through a whole box since yesterday. And now the front of my septum and nostrils is red (the outside, not inside) and sore. I NEED to blow my nose. Is there any product i can dab on that won't sting this sensitive part of my face? I got mum to buy me some aloe tissues so i hope to be using those soon. *sighs* any ideas would be appreciated. I haven't had a common cold in a few years, i did have tonsillitis but my nose was fine.

Help meeeeeeee

I use chapstick... and it's a stick I DON'T use on my lips.
Hope your nose is feeling better soon!

nimbus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeah, definitely chap stick. Put a lot on your nose before you go to bed, too. I usually did that and my nose would be a lot better in the morning.

-Kristen

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a medicated lip balm. May sting at first, but then it cools and I think helps heal faster.

Or you can try a shot of whisky every eight hours. You'll still hurt, but won't care.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I use a medicated lip balm. May sting at first, but then it cools and I think helps heal faster.

Or you can try a shot of whisky every eight hours. You'll still hurt, but won't care.
That last one sounds interesting..but alcohol isn't allowed in this house...*points to father* although he doesn't know i've been fershnicked a few times in my life lol

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My maternal grandfather was a Southern Baptist preacher. But he had been known to come to our house and consult with Dad and leave with about 2 doses of Dad's cold remedy when he had a bad cold.

Dad wasn't a drinker, either, but had been given a bottle of scotch. He divided it into half with another bottle and poked hard candies (sugar candies) into the bottles. Apparently it's good for what ails you by helping you sleep.

You could get a night time cold med with alcohol. You have NyQuil over there?

Our little Dragoriana ferschnicked?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a bit better today, the chapstick idea was really good, as i cant find any vaseline. I have a few different lipsmackers lipbalms, i picked a plain one, it didn't sting at all...i shall buy myself a new one for my lips when ive finished using this one on my nose

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Did i mention how refreshing it is to smell kiwi fruit every time i breath in?

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

you do realise sneezing is one of the most violent acts a body can do? The reason your eyelids squeeze shut, is that they would pop out of your head otherwise!
I've heard that. Gaw, could you imagine?!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey, if youre able to smell and breathe through your nose, it must be getting better!
I would 100% recommend 100% vitamin E. In a moisturizer isnt good enough because of the lotion ingredients, but you can buy 20,000-30,000 pure vitamin E in a small vial about the size of a nail polish bottle at the pharmacy. This is a clear, extremely thick "liquid" that you would only need to minimally dab on. This type of Vitamin E is the greatest product Ive found: In about 2 weeks it has reduced the appearance of any scar I or anyone Ive recommend it to has applied to. If applied to a current wound that you think will scar, it probably will not, and will heal much faster. If you have an area of severely dry skin, it is very soothing. Will turn stretch marks from purple to neutral. It is also very inexpensive....try it if your nose is still bothering you

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh, vindication! Thank you, Februa -- I was starting to think I was the only person in the world who recognized the miracle of pure Vitamin E!
I feel so much better now...

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this sounds wierd, but IMO Viva brand paper towels are softer than tissues! I swear by them when I get a cold. I blow right through a tissue the first time. It can help prevent your nose from getting red the next time. Works for me!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Arrghhhh. Well i'm still congested, way less than a couple of days ago. Alot less sore but still sort of running into things lol. Just as i think i'm getting better, my ears block. It usually happens. But it's annoying cause i have to keep saying 'what, what?'

*grumbles*

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

I would just keep moisturizer on it now, but would definitely consider buying the tissue with lotion in it if you have to get more.
Tissues with lotion are the ultimate spa day for your nose
and I would use vaseline, it is good stuff!