Sore Bum

inkxpencil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, a few weeks ago my 10 year old cat Rory had blood in her urine. Two rounds of medication later, it has finally cleared. When she was diagnosed, she had a sore bum and vaginal area. My vet advised me to clean her daily with non scented baby wipes, which I have been doing but her bum is just getting more and more sore. I stopper with the wipes and have been just using paper towel and water but it’s not helping. I tried leaving it alone and it got worse. I called my vet and they said to just continue keeping it clean.

Yesterday she pooped on my carpet twice and peed on the floor, I’m thinking it hurts when she goes so she is trying to find a spot that won’t hurt. Is there anything I can apply to her bum to help it heal?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Seems like there might be something else going on that has yet to be identified. But, nonetheless, you can try chamomile tea - just buy the tea bags from a grocery store as most of them are German (you don't want English, nor any additives/flavorings). Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid, and dab it on the area with cotton balls or a soft cloth several times a day. The tea is an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent and has both soothing and healing properties. It is also safe to ingest should she try to lick it.

Hopefully, other members will come along soon and offer some suggestions as well!!