Sophie's new addiction

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I have never seen a cat this silly! One day, while I was getting some ice from the freezer, a cube dropped to the floor. Sophie pounced it and played with it, batting it around the kitchen until it finally melted. NOW, whenever I get into the freezer for anything, Sophie comes running from whatever part of the house she is in and meows until I drop a piece of ice for her. This happens every time I open the freezer door! I guess she has ME trained, huh?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So she's spreading water all over the kitchen floor while playing? Hmmm....just imagine if you could tie a little sponge to her tale and she could do the mopping while she's at it!

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Henry loves the sound of the ice dispenser too. She comes running from across the house whenever I use it, but I never put them on the floor for her to play with. I don't want to have to deal with the wet floor!

*smiles at the idea of the kitty mopping the floor*...might have to try that, LOL.

Sophie is so pretty, how could you NOT be trained to grant her every desire, eh?

keef

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Playing with ice, I'll have to test that one out---I've got some old dishtowels so just might test out the theory of mopping while playing (kidding)...

I thought mine were goofy for begging for the milk ring off the plastic jug --- every time I pulled the milk out of the fridge! LOL!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, our cats love to play "ice hockey!" And they like to bob it around in their water dishes, too...

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I'm going to try that with Sashka sounds like just the kind of thing she'd love!!

Our kitchen floor is constantly soaked anyway what with the new puppy weeing everywhere every half an hour and both dogs being unable to have a drink without dunking their entire faces in the bowl and then dripping it all over the house afterwards!! A little more water won't even be noticed...

anya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awe... she has definitly got you trained well.
Maybe i'll try my cats with ice too.

wearymicrobe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anya

Awe... she has definitly got you trained well.
Maybe i'll try my cats with ice too.
I use ice cubes to remove dents in my carpets when I move my couchs around and mine like to do that as well. I have been putting ice cubes in the water dish on hot days and they seem to like that as well.

If they like the ice they will like the little plastic balls with the bells inside as well if your cats are anything like mine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just to see what she would do, I did put a couple of ice cubes in her water bowl. The end result was a cat with very wet paws, as well as a wet mat under her food. She loved it, though! Being the well-trained human that I am, it will most certainly be happening again.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right, I'm going to try this with mine. They like stuff in their water bowls, so the'll probably go for the ice.

I use ice cubes to remove dents in my carpets when I move my couchs around and mine like to do that as well.
I've never heard of that one. How does that work? I just envision a carpet with wet patches all over it!

Oh yes, our cats love to play "ice hockey!"
Are they happy to see hockey back on tv finally?

wearymicrobe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I've never heard of that one. How does that work? I just envision a carpet with wet patches all over it!
I have no clue why this works but it does, I found it in a Palanik book and thought it was a crook and tried it one day and it seems to work well.

My cats will not let me do this trick anymore because they will simply play ice hockey.