Sophie needs 'reconstructive' surgery

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's home!

She has sutures on her face from her eyes, and they opened up her nostrils (simple explanation). It really doesn't seem to be bothering her one bit.....and I cannot hear her breathing, for the first time in - ever!

I am posting a picture below, it looks much better than I thought it would. (Don't mind the 'angry face' - she often looks mad w/ her flat face) I was afraid of what I would be picking up at the vet, if she would even look like Sophie at all or not.

She's pawed at my leg, wanting to be petted, chased a toy a bit, ate some lunch, and now she's "preening" herself, trying to get back to her beautiful old self!

Oh yeah - and she can purr w/o gagging/hacking/etc!!!!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nat, I didn't post yesterday (
), but I was sending her mega vibes, and I was SO happy to see the report that all went well and she could come home today!

I'm just SO HAPPY you decided to do this - and it looks like it's really going to help!!!!!!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's the first day I saw and read this thread. Sophie looks great for just having surgery on her face!! And it certainly seems promising that she's not breathing noisily. I hope her runny nose gets better too!!

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Glad that Sophie is doing well. She has such a sweet face and am sure the surgery will make her more comfy. Lots of fOr a speedy recovery

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She looks wonderful. Such a beautiful girl.

I don't think you will have trouble getting her adopted out.