Sophie Got a Brother Today!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

at129

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

Does Sophie have any opinions about him yet?
Well, she hasn't met him directly yet - I'm going to stick to the vet's recommendation of a week in "quarantine" for Jack, both for the sake of clearing up his URI, and to give him time to adjust to the smells and sounds of the house. But she knows full-well that there's a "new addition" in the house! She was a scaredy-cat at first...she'd go near the bathroom door, but any little noise in the house would send her scampering back to the bedroom, straight under the bed (first time I've ever seen her hide from ANYTHING!). Now, she goes over and lies down next to the door like she's on guard duty. Not sure if she wants to protect Jack, or make sure he doesn't get out, lol, but I'm taking her growing comfort level with his presence as a good sign! Otherwise, it's been business as usual...she gave me the cold shoulder for a bit yesterday, but today she's totally her usual playful self.

Right now, while they're separate, the hardest part is trying to spend enough time with each of them!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a cutie! He has such a sweet, kind face.
Congrats on your new (adorable) addition!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

at129

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One more big THANK YOU for all the kind words - he really is a happy, affectionate, inquisitive little boy, and I cannot wait to see how he and Sophie get along.

Just a quick update, Jack is already doing much better. After starting his antibiotics, his breathing sounds normal (no more Darth Kitty!), and he's sneezing a LOT less already. He's also eating lots, and he just looks brighter and more alert with each meal.

And here's one more picture for now...Jack says "Hi TCS!"

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now THAT is the perfect picture of cattitude!!!

It's a good thing I don't live near you, or I'd be breaking into your house and stealing BOTH Sophie & Jack!!!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, he is so beautiful. I mean, it's no secret how much I love red boys. but ohhhhh.....just LOOK at him!

I love his Perfect Cat Pose at the vet. Thanks for sharing him with is

You're going to have to change your sig! He and Sophie will compliment each other beautifully.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I lost count of how many times I said, "Awwwww..." while reading this thread and looking at the pics!

I absolutely love his relaxed, "cat" pose at the vet. I have never, ever seen any of my cats down through the years be that relaxed at the vet.
He's just brimming over with, "Yeah....I haz a home now."

He's obviously very comfortable with people - that's so cool!