Sooooo what did you do for New Years???

sandra

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to Church first with the roomate....And then, after Church was over, I got home and decided to go to an all night skating party that a local roller rink has every New Years Eve
.... I didn't get done until after 7:00 this morning
!. And while I was skating. I fell on my butt and hit my right elbow and right now I am feeling the pain

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a friends house to celebrate my birthday NYE! it was a blast! so many people showed up and we all sat around playing guitars, singing and having a great time! it finally got over at 2:30am and we came home( not driving drunk though, I would never do that!!!!!) and we went to bed! then this afternoon, we went back to our friends for my birthday breakfast! and tomorrow they are taking us out for my birthday dinner! WOW! do I have alot of birthdays or what?

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My bf and I drove out to Noelville (about a 45 min drive) to have dinner with his parents. Then we stopped at this party, which I didn't want to stay at having all the people seem to look and act like they were all 15. So we drove back to Sudbury where I made a few calls and ended up picking up Melanie and heading over to Shalon's place. I hadn't seen Shalon in a few years and she just moved back to Sudbury. So we sat around drank a few, smoked a few, and watched Pulp Ficton. We all said happy new year at midnight. After the movie, Steve, Mel and I went to Burger King to kill the munchies and then we drove Mel home and Steve dropped me off before going home.

It was a nice quiet evening. I usually cry at New Years for some reason, but not this year....which was a nice change

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a house party and had a lot more people showed up than we expected, which was great
All of our friends came, some people I hadn't seen in a while. We all played some games, cards- even Connect Four which was strangely enough a huge hit

Aside from a little too much Tequila- ok a LOT too much Tequila, it was a great night. We kinda ended up missing the clock turning over to midnight- nobody realized it until 12:10!

All in all, a great night. Could've done without the hangover the next morning though

catlover67

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
live in Illinois (used to live there). One friend's birthday is on New Years Eve. Another friend had a New Year's party and told all of us she was pregnant (after only 4 months of trying). My friend with the B-day was hurt that this news was told to her on her B-day. She has been trying for over a year to get pregnant.

Soooooo, I got to spend New Years with two friends who are now at odds with each other and both are trying to get me on their side. The sad thing is that these friends are acting like 17 year-olds and we are all in our mid-thirties! When will the friends in my generation grow up and act their ages? *sighs* and ((((shakes head)))).

finary

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well, "acting your age" is, i guess, one way to put it.

i think a better way to put it would be for them to 'mature'.

im really young and have always caught a great deal of flack about my age. especially in the workplace, but also outside.

if i acted my age it wouldn't be too long until i was out on the street

so about your friends... some people will never change, you have to realize that. the best thing about friends is that you get to pick them! i was glad i learned this at an early age. ive weeded out about 20-50 people over the past few years and am now left with a very solid group of GOOD friends. kind, considerate, mature... and none of them are in their mid thirties... early 20's to early 30's.

i hope your friends do decide to grow up, but be prepared for them to always be this way.

Kevin

catlover67

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I would be alone with NO friends if I ditched last few I have (one of whom is my ex-fiancee). He and I are even contemplating marriage again.

I too have weeded out friends over the years but the few friends I have left I are ALL very self-centered and shallow. Some are generous with their time and money but they expect total allegiance which I am finding harder and harder to give them when they continue to act as if everyone "owes" in return for their generosity!! I am a Libra (the scales) and true to my sign, I don't like confrontations and want to smooth things out between friends. Everyone in my group loves me because I am non-threatening and don't demand the limelight like they all do, and that is whey they are each trying to get me on their side when they fight. It is disgusting and I wish they would just hash things out directly with each other and leave me out of it!

finary

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you told them that you would prefer that they work it out among themselves without involving you?

The fact that one of them is your ex-fiancee doesn't help... thats a sticky situation. I recently broke up with my girlfriend who i was with for 2 years, she just moved out in november. We're trying to remain friends, but I forsee a very long and challenging road ahead.

I'm a Capricorn, what the hell does that mean?

Kevin

catlover67

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Finary, actually my ex is a really great guy (to me anyway) He has been there for me for 20 years ( I am 36 and met him when I was 14) and I really have put him through hell. I was friends, then we dated, then I broke up with him and didn't ever want to see him again, then we made up several years later, became good friends again, got engaged, I broke off the engagement, we remained friends, and most recently I am seeing more value in him then ever before and he (true to form) responded to my newfound appreciation for him with open arms and heart. Now we are a couple again (I think LOL!!)

I have told my other friends they need to work it out amongst themselves but being as stubborn and as self-righteous as they are, I don't see a reconciliation happening anytime soon. I have to be careful to avoid gossiping or I will have them BOTH mad at me!!!