Sooooo glad I'm not on this jury

colonelklink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
But look at it this way.5 poor children gone + An Ill mother on death row + husband in jail for six months = SAD SITUATION. Now look at this: Mother + Father + Adoptive children with no home = New chance at life. Forgive and Forget is what I was taught.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Catarina...I agree that she is insane, and I am not sure death is the right answer, although I am not sure it isn't. I am torn on that one. Glad I don't have to decide. But one thing I do feel for sure, is that she should NEVER be let out and should never be able to have children, even by adoption.

I do agree her husband should share the blame in this, as well.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Philip... forgive and forget??? I don't think so...not in this case.

You can forgive, sure, and we should, though it is hard, but forget...no. She needs to be punished.

colonelklink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is why we should impose a home arrest situation of at least 6 months to straighten her out. She can adopt, Foster home Etc... But absolutely no children of her own, for 3 years. This will give her time to reflect and get her act together. Then she and her husband, after a jail sentence of 3-4 months, can start over.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay, well...I can't argue with logic like that...

I don't get where you are coming from on this, but anyway... we all have a right to our opinions, and that is yours.

I do feel we should forgive. That is the way I was brought up.. Christ taught forgiveness...but he also believed in punishment, that is why there is a place called hell.

Not trying to turn this into some religious debate here, but I just had to point that out. It is of course, intirely only my opinion.

colonelklink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hell isnt going anywhere if you believe in that, so let her burn, or whatever your hell is, after she lives a fulfilling life here on earth, and tries to make up for her mistakes. She should definately be fined, say 20,000 dollars.

jakenjinx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hate to break it to ya, but I think we live in hell and klinky is satan, perhaps?:tounge2: KIDDING! I'm KIDDING!

pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name......:tounge2:

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is that what the lives of her children are worth? 20,000 dollars???

I never said she was going to hell. If she repents and asks forgiveness from God, and sincerely means it, she will go to heaven someday. But she should still at least be locked up for the rest of her life here on earth to pay for what she has done to those children whose lives were so wrongly and horribly snuffed out by her.

colonelklink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought you were hinting to the fact that she was going to hell, because you mentioned it.I think 4 months house arrest and a fine of 30,000 will hit her where it hurts. She will need counselinh however, thats why I say 20,000 so she can spend 10,000 and get some much needed help. She might even need medication?????? I cant answer that. When her husband gets out of jail, he will need a job. There is a continous hell on earth being imposed upon this poor lady, I just feel we need to be more chriatian like and take a different stance than what the masses think.

colonelklink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just feel that this poor woman deserves a nice life, it has been horrible up until now!! Her husband should say that he is sorry to her, or he should be fined 20,000 also along with jail time or home arrest.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In my opinion, she WILL go to hell IF she doesn't repent and ask God to forgive her, but I believe she should get the punishment she deserves here on earth, whether she goes to heaven someday or not.

If death is not the answer for her (and maybe it is not) then she should receive the help she needs, while being locked up for life. Maybe that sounds cruel...but think of what those poor children went through, and how horrible, not to mention painful a death they went through.
She should never be allowed to possibly repeat this horendous act upon another human being, ever.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Colonelklink
I just feel that this poor woman deserves a nice life, it has been horrible up until now!! Her husband should say that he is sorry to her, or he should be fined 20,000 also along with jail time or home arrest.
Her children deserved a nice life, too. Sad that they won't be able to get a second chance at that, thanks to her.

colonelklink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Home arrest really is hell. It really works on our criminals in society, lets try it on Mrs. Yates for a few months. Also a fine of maybe closer to 50,000 would be more appropriate.

cooie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As a Christian I'm almost afraid to bring this up, but it would appear that some of the problem was that they practice a very fundamental religion, the sort which, although not catholic, frowns on birth control in the belief that God gives you the number of children he wants you to have, no more and no less. Again, I am a Christian, but this is why I have trouble with some of the more fundamental sects that have little to do with the Bible and its teachings. I happen to believe God gave us the blanket ability to procreate (of course, with some exceptions that only He knows why) but that doesn't mean we are required, or even allowed, to pop 'em out one after the other without a thought to whether you can afford children, like children, or are SANE ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH A HOUSEFUL OF CHILDREN. As far as the husband "getting her pregnant" again, it has not yet known whether or not this was a joint decision to practice this religion nor a joint decision to adhere to all its principles, including having one child after another. She may be just as guilty as him in that respect.

berta

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mr. Yates has started a web site for the children, he states right out that he supports his wife, any one that what's to see really cute pictures of these beautiful children who's lives were cut extremly short should check it out. http://www.yateskids.org

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Colonelklink
Home arrest really is hell. It really works on our criminals in society, lets try it on Mrs. Yates for a few months. Also a fine of maybe closer to 50,000 would be more appropriate.
House arrest is really really stupid. I know, I've done it. You still get to go to work and all. It's kinda like being grounded. It's just really stupid. Only real jail, or work release somewhat is a real deterrent or punishment.

alicat613

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, this is really really weird. That post two posts up, that says I posted it on 2/22? Well, I posted it just now! Let's see what this says. And for the record, it is 2/25.