Soon to be first time cat owner

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kass, I'm sure Darryl will appreciate your constructive contribution.

angelzoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy: As I said before I have worked with ferals. I have had them in my house, seen them in other peoples houses, I have taken care of my "own" feral colony, and helped trap and transport several other peoples.
What I'm saying is that it CAN be done, not all the time but it can. I personally, if possible, would like to see any cat indoors and happy, rather then outdoors and happy or miserable. That's all I'm saying. I think indoors is safer for them, and I just wish every cat POSSIBLE the nicest indoor home.

I've known many people who have just picked up ferals or found them and didn't bother to see if they wanted to live indoors, or to try and make that transition with them, I feel every cat should have that chance if possible. To adopt out a feral, or rather relocate one that has never been evaluated for life indoors, and is just thrown off and kept outside, is horrible to me.
Even if you have a really tough time to break a feral even half way to accept living indoors most/all the time, it's better then not trying at all, even if the cat likes the outdoors, in the end we know it would be safer indoors. THAT is what I am saying.

I'm not fully objecting her getting a feral that can 100% only live outdoors/in a barn. I was questioning their "fence" that they have, I'm curious as to what type of fence it is.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darryl, You asked for some general information. You might find this site helpful with that! Good luck. Let us know what you decide, please.