Somethings Wrong with Jackson

jayme&jackson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As soon as I heard the little noise he is making...I STOPPPED PLAYING

Only about 2minutes ago I pulled out Jackson's favortite toy...The laser pointer, and I heard this wierd noise as he was breathing hard...It's hard to explain...If a person starts to breath hard when they're sick it almost sounds like a tiny cough...I cannot explain it.

I play with him like this all the time but have never heard him do this...I had the laser pointer out for MAYBE 2MINUTES and he was sounding like this...what do I do?

Should I call/see the vet? O can I wait until his appt on the 24th...

Please help, it really worries me!!!!!

Could it possibly because I have his collar on? I can put 2fingers in the collar space, It's not tight at all???

Scared Jayme

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jayme&jackson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jayme&Jackson

As soon as I heard the little noise he is making...I STOPPPED PLAYING

Only about 2minutes ago I pulled out Jackson's favortite toy...The laser pointer, and I heard this wierd noise as he was breathing hard...It's hard to explain...If a person starts to breath hard when they're sick it almost sounds like a tiny cough...I cannot explain it.

I play with him like this all the time but have never heard him do this...I had the laser pointer out for MAYBE 2MINUTES and he was sounding like this...what do I do?

Should I call/see the vet? O can I wait until his appt on the 24th...

Please help, it really worries me!!!!!

Could it possibly because I have his collar on? I can put 2fingers in the collar space, It's not tight at all???

Scared Jayme
I just finished talking to my boyfriend he told me that before he went to bed last nite Jackson sneezed a few times in a row...Maybe he just has a cold???

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did Jackson extent his neck?
Either cold or asthma. Molly now sneezes a few times before an asthma attack.

jayme&jackson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, I didn't see him extend his neck, I got scared and he knew that so he calmed down quickly, and it only lasted 5-6 breathes...I hope it is not asthma, I don't know that I can afford the meds...
Is asthma something u pay for on a monthly basis? And if u don't mind my asking, How much is it roughly in cost? Iam terrified...

Trout, Thanks so much! Iam praying for the same!!!!

Do either or u feel that I should be getting in contact with the vet? And HOW does this happen out of no where???

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep a close watch on his breathing(I know you will) and if it keeps up, call the vet.
Hope he is ok

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just keep an eye on jackson. Molly doesn't take meds. Her's is season. She did receive allergies pills the last visit. 12$ for 2 week supply which she won't take. Also locking them in the bathroom while you shower is helping Molly. I told her she has two choices, the shower or pills. She now sits quietly in the sauna. LoL

Who knows maybe it is a fur ball.

jayme&jackson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Iam right now reading up on "Signs or Feline Asthma" And when I first joined TCS I asked if it was normal for a cat to pant...In some cases I belive it could be...

Jackson pants almost every play session...And on this site it states that breathing with the mouth open ( I would assume is panting) Is a sign of athma...Please pray for Jackson...

jayme&jackson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

Just keep an eye on jackson. Molly doesn't take meds. Her's is season. She did receive allergies pills the last visit. 12$ for 2 week supply which she won't take. Also locking them in the bathroom while you shower is helping Molly. I told her she has two choices, the shower or pills. She now sits quietly in the sauna. LoL

Who knows maybe it is a fur ball.
Keep your fingers crossed...Thanks, I should lock Jack in the Bathroom while showering as well!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wellington has asthma and takes a quarter tablet (5mg tablets) of prednisone every day. Fortunately here it is very cheap but I don't know what it costs elsewhere. But you could ask your pharmacist.

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jayme&Jackson

Jackson pants almost every play session...And on this site it states that breathing with the mouth open ( I would assume is panting) Is a sign of athma...Please pray for Jackson...
The panting after play is a normal sign of exertion. Pudge does it after chasing her toy mice.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ophelia pants a lot too. She makes the weirdest sound, but she plays so hard, it makes sense.

I hoep Jackson's OK!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Better safe than sorry....
Jackson needs a workup by your vet ASAP.