Somethings Wrong! Help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazypoh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anybody know what breed he may be? His markings are gorgeous and Id like to put a name to what he is...he kinda looks like a Mackeral Tabby to me? But I dont know much about that kind of stuff..

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks like my GiGis twin...Shes a spitting image of him..Well vis versa cuz I think shes older than your Houdini...But geez hes a cutie patootie!!! Im glad he is feeling better and getting his appetite back!!!

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another trick to giving the medicine is lay him against a pillow so he can't back up and hold the sides of the his mouth with your thumb and middle finger. This helps minimize the squirming etc. Or you could try putting it in his formula.

Cats always hate any kind of medicine, it's like they know what it is

Me too I am super happy for you that Houdini is doing so much better and that you found a vet you like that is wonderful news!!! And congtrats on your new baby!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I asked my vet, and that pink medicine is the exact same they give to little kids with strep! You'd think they'd make tuna-flavored medicine at least!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazypoh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LOL! You would think they would make tuna flavored medicine! He now runs away every time he see's me get out the dropper now. Smart little guy! I have to chase him around the house for about 5 minutes before he gives up and lets me pick him up. Once Ive got him he doesnt fight it as much as he used to-and Ive learned to give it to him BEFORE I feed him and not after-because he knows the bottle or the wet food is coming right after.

He's off to the races today-hasnt slept all morning! Im still home sick with the flu and was hoping for another snuggle session this morning but he has other ideas. All of his toys have disappeared-he bats them under my bed and under my dresser and then cant get them out so I have to get down with a broom and get them out for him every couple hours otherwise he starts attacking me. Some have disappeared completely-no clue where he took them!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I had to give Elsa antibiotics I would take out a container of deli ham and pill her then give her a piece of ham. You're not supposed to give too much because of the sodium, but a little piece every day isn't too bad I don't think.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I think that if a tiny piece of ham helps the medicine go down without stress to either mom or kitty, let's hear it for ham!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my goodness I am so happy Houdini is okay!!! I read your first post and I was so scared !!!Wow i'm so relieved! His markings are a lot like Jake's although Jake is a darker brown mackarel tabby:
but I like their white paws

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

You know, I asked my vet, and that pink medicine is the exact same they give to little kids with strep! You'd think they'd make tuna-flavored medicine at least!
Ask your vet if he can prescribe it at a compounding pharmacy and ask for it to be flavored. They have fish or chicken flavor. My cat is on calcitriol, and the pharmacy adds chicken flavoring.

For weeks I was giving in to her in a syringe, and she would hate it and fight me. Then one day I decided to bury it in her wet Fancy Feast. She ate it and never knew it. Dumb me! No more fighting with the cat!