Somethings happened at one of London's main tube/train stations...

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CNN just flashed "at least 40".

Please keep everyone else safe!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gilly

We have a stock pile of loo paper already (being girls & all that!)

My boss just called and said that if I do have to stay, he said to go to one of the posh restaurants round the corner and have a slap up meal and he would pay for it!!!!
All I seem to think about is food!
You lucky duck!

What you going to sleep on and will Lyn take Guinness in for the night?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
How awful. My heart goes out to the people affected by this horrible attack.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ohh

I saw it on Fox news as well.

They say 7 ppl were killed on the bus too ...

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just woke up and mom told me the news. First thing I did was run to the computer to sign on to TCS to make sure my friends were okay!

I am so sorry that this has happened. Please know that we are all praying for you and everyone else affected.

I have to go on a 4 hour round-trip drive right now, so I won't be able to check back until this afternoon. I'll be praying for ya'all in the meantime.

Stay safe and God bless you all.

--Lacey

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
ITN is reporting 45 deaths caused by 4 explosions. Hundreds are injured. They've had to shut down the Tube, and buses aren't running in central London. It's so horrible.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too bad you are familiar with the Seinfeld episode!! Cover yourseld with paper towels??
How icky is the floor??? Is the boss springing for some wine???

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Sorry to hear about this everyone. I'm glad to know that the majority of our london populus on TCS is safe and well, and that you're able to know that your families are as well.. ang tight dears, it will all be over soon..
I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just spoke to one of our guys stuck in London. He said he's heard a woman on the radio saying she ran for the bus, but the doors closed and the driver wouldn't open them and drove off.

Thats the bus that blew up!
She told reporters that someone was looking after her

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

What you going to sleep on and will Lyn take Guinness in for the night?
Um... I might sleep on my desk or on the floor. We have 1 sofa up here and I think there might be a fight for it!

Lyn won't take Guin in (cos he will fight with Tibby) but she will feed him in my flat, then he can go in and out when he wants. I expect he will sleep inside most of the night because it is damp and rainy. I don't like leaving the cat flap open so that he can go in and out but as a few one off's it won't harm.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just spoke to one of our guys stuck in London. He said he's heard a woman on the radio saying she ran for the bus, but the doors closed and the driver wouldn't open them and drove off.

Thats the bus that blew up!
She told reporters that someone was looking after her
Oh god. There's going to be so many stories. I saw some pics of a lady lying in the street and these men in suits were helping her.

Just normal Londoners going to work and this happens?

Today should be a lesson to all of us - and has really made me think. You just don't know what is going to happen do you?

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I just heard it on my way in to work this morning. What is the matter with these people? Why in hell don't they just blow up their own countries and leave the rest of us alone.

Stupid idiots.
I completely agree! Stay in your own country and blow yourself up.
I have the same issue with criminals hiding out here in Canada, due to our lax immigration policies.

Gilly, and everyone in the UK... stay safe! My thoughts are with you.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just found out that the majority of my housemates family and friends are ok! They haven't heard from one though and he lives right by where one of the bombs went off!

One lucky thing is that my housemates brother goes through most of the stations on his way to work - but he works evenings, so luckily missed it!

They say that they think it might be suicide bombers.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our office is in between Tavistock Sq and Russel Sq.... we are stuck...

Lots of the main shops have closed too - Habitat, Heals. Tottenham Crt Road is empty. I just looked out the window and at this time of the day it would be manic with workers getting their lunch and university students milling about. It's so strange to be right in the centre of all of this, words can't describe my feelings atm

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your right Gilly, you just never know!.

Just spoke to our guy in London again and he's unsure yet as to wether he can get out?!. He said one of the contractors has 12 miles to walk home so he's set off now, along with a couple more who live in Hertfordshire, and that takes them 45 minutes on the train!, so goodness knows what time they'll get back?!.

Hey i can send two geordie guys over to your office to keep you amused if you do have to stay?!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You guys, please stay safe. I just turned on CNN and saw the interviews with the survivors and heard about the horrible act of terrorism!
I have heard that there were at least 4 explosions, a subway and a double decker bus were destroyed, there are people trapped underground and there are 45 dead at the moment.

Please keep talking when you can so we know you are safe- Prayers are flying for all-

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey i can send two geordie guys over to your office to keep you amused if you do have to stay?!
lol

They have a long walk! If the tube is not open I will have to stay, unless I get a cab home (which might prove a challenge as I can't see any cabs)? My walk home is about 7-9 miles too. My dad said that he would offer to drive in and collect me, but there are so many roads closed it won't be worth it for him.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I heard the news this morning and my heart just sank. Said a little prayer that my TCS friends are safe, and I'm glad to see that most are accounted for here.

My heart is with all of you. It's so unbelievable that this happened again. I'll never understand it as long as I live...

Gilly, please stay safe in your office. There are always people on here, day or night, no matter where in the world you are. We're here with you.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The safest thing if you can do it is to stay put. All the emergency advice is to that effect. Just make what arrangemetns you can to be sure pets and famiy are looked after and resign yourself to staying where you are. Good luck everyone.