Something wrong with kitty's paw

spacerolls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was recently snuggling my cat, and noticed she smelled noticeably bad, I almost gave her a bath until I noticed the smell came from her back paw. It smelled like it was burned and had puss and old blood on it or in it (I got 3rd degree burns and it smelled just like her foot). It's also just dirty and swollen compared to her other foot. She hasn't been acting unusual either. She also has a bit of hair loss there and it's a bit more red- I was going to wash it, but are there any ideas of what it might be? Paw on the left is the messed up one

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If she goes outside, she could have injured her foot on most anything. Or, it could have been done on something inside your house. Either way, I agree with the above; have a vet take a look at it and treat it. If she does go outside, you probably shouldn't allow her to do so until it is healed. Other than searching for something that might have caused this so you can eliminate whatever it is, it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks it might be. It is obviously in need of some care.

If you have a good rapport with your vet, you could send them pics and see if they would be willing to prescribe something without seeing her, but odds are they will also want her on antibiotics which they probably won't prescribe without taking a look at it.