Something that annoys me!

ibiscribe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, we actually actually had to kick a few folks out of our game-related chat room because they took to harassing people for not spelling things the British way. Not just complaining, but actual rants and some very nasty insults. <.<; Some people really do take it much too seriously.

I use something of a mix myself nowadays, because so many of my friends are British that some of their terminology has rubbed off on me. And one of the games I make expansions for was made in the UK, so they have file extensions and other things that use British spellings. When the .catalogue extension works fine and .catalog causes horrible errors, you learn to make exceptions for some words very quickly.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For those "queen's English" fanatics:

"Their is no such thing as the king's English. The commodity is owned by a corporation, and the United States owns the bulk of the shares."

--MarkI Twain

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, we actually actually had to kick a few folks out of our game-related chat room because they took to harassing people for not spelling things the British way. Not just complaining, but actual rants and some very nasty insults. <.<; Some people really do take it much too seriously.

I use something of a mix myself nowadays, because so many of my friends are British that some of their terminology has rubbed off on me. And one of the games I make expansions for was made in the UK, so they have file extensions and other things that use British spellings. When the .catalogue extension works fine and .catalog causes horrible errors, you learn to make exceptions for some words very quickly.
One of my favorite games, Privateer 2: The Darkening, was partly made in Britain.  Clive Owen plays the main character in the video parts.  It is from 1996.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, just thought Ibiscribe may have heard of it.