Something is wrong with my cat....

marymartin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is about 12-13 years old.  She rarely stands still - either walks or lays down, but for the past 20 minutes (that's when I first noticed her, it could have been going on for longer) she has been standing with all 4 legs fairly close together, and her tail up in the air.  She shakes a little every now and then - mostly her tail.  She takes some occasional steps, but very hesitantly , like something hurts.  She did let me pick her up without complaint, but I could tell she wanted me to put her back down.  When I did so she went back to the same position.  She will move herself so her rear right hindquarter is against a wall or chair leg.  It is Sunday, and I don't know an open vet... any ideas?  She was fine earlier this morning (at about 7:00 when I fed her), but I've been gone most of the day, taking my daughter back to college.

Last edited:

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She could have had something as serious as a stroke, or it could be she just pulled a muscle or something.  Keep a close eye on her, and see if she is improving, getting worse, or continues with the same behavior.