Something is wrong I think with my cat, Gabby

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kwajcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well   ... 19 year old Gabby has been doing better....   but still seems to be constipated often...and it seems her bowel movements are painful and she usually has to vomit .... a LOT  ... About 5 days ago was her last bout, and bowel movement .... over the past few days she seems to be trying hard to have a movement (she does urinate fine) ...to no avail.  I talked to the vet on Saturday ....if she is not better they will be open tomorrow at 7:30 am ....I have something I have to go away for the day for (app't in other city tomorrow) so I have been trying my best to get her back on track....went to Petsmart today and was recommended Miralax....mixed in with something like gravy ... she is on KD Science Diet kidney diet....(doesn't eat pumpkin) ....I have noticed that she doesn't eat much (used to always graze on KD dry during the day/night///and some on the wet, as well....she has been drinking water....but doesn't seem to want to eat (still goes a little crazy for fresh ground sirloin  ... at least she did the other day

I managed to get her to eat a little Fancy Gravy lovers (she leaves the solid....) and mixed a pinch of the Miralax in it.....the woman at Petsmart mentioned something about the liver shutting down if she (stops eating?)....ANYWAY.....  if she has a movement I might just continue with plan to go to app't tomorrow...and bring her to vet on Tuesday.  What do you all think ?    If there is no major change, I am leaning towards canceling app't and taking her tomorrow.... OR ......keep the app"t  AND bring her and leave her first thing in the morning.....(even if it means I am too late for the app't... am guessing I can reschedule.)