Something is up with my eye!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got home after a battery of tests and what not.

The PA I saw at the Neurologist was very nice and seemed very thorough. I had an MRI afterward and he came out while I was still waiting to check out and told me it looked good. I will have 2 more tests done, but they couldn't be scheduled for a few weeks.

At the eye doctor I saw the one I typically see (the one I saw yesterday was the head of the clinic). I did a few more tests there and he put some dye in my eye too. He seems to think something has just irritated it in the front of my eye because the swelling seems to be there and the back of my eye still looks good. So I have some antibiotics and a few other things. I get to go back on Monday for another checkup too.

Both the doctors I saw today said that the really do not think it is the Optic Neuritis, so that makes me very happy!!!! I'm not in much discomfort today either. But no contacs allowed for about a week he said! I can deal with that!

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just remember yeas (many) ago when I had my severe eye infection.
My optomist called an opthamologist immediately for an appt ( which took place right after I left the optomotrist's office) I had a weekly appt there for 6 weeks.
I was working with infants and young children at the time and the doc figured I picked something up from one of them.
Get well soon!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I am glad it's nothing serious. I hope you feel better soon. Could it possibly be your contacts?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He didn't really give me any idea what could have caused all this. I'm deffinately starting a new pair when I can get back into them. I miss them!

I was cleaning up some wasp killer and drywall type dust the night this started though. I talked to the neurologist about that and he looked up what chemicals were in wasp killers but said he didn't think that it was the culprit. The drywall stuff might be more likely.