Someone PLEASE talk me out of cat #6!!!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
urm, urm, urmmmmm....

oh my gosh look at that little face what a lil' angel! OMG keep her! keep her keep her KEEP HER!! I know I would!

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

I think you might be asking the wrong people to convince you to let her go for adoption!!! LOL. We're all hopeless kitty addicts too!!!!

This like asking chocolate addicts to talk you out of a piece of Godiva.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah...ummm...ok....YOU GUYS ARE NO HELP AT ALL!!
I talked to the lady at the rescue and told her we're going to "foster" her for a couple more weeks just to make sure. If things continue the way they are though, looks like we'll be at an official 6 in a couple of weeks.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

I talked to the lady at the rescue and told her we're going to "foster" her for a couple more weeks just to make sure. If things continue the way they are though, looks like we'll be at an official 6 in a couple of weeks.
Even numbers are better anyway!

(Coming from someone who has 3
)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Remember...kitties adopt you, not the otherway around. Seems this kitty has already adopted you so you really have no choice but to accept

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Remember...kitties adopt you, not the otherway around. Seems this kitty has already adopted you so you really have no choice but to accept
That's how I got #3...she came to my house and stayed.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im a meowmy to 13 cats at this moment so 6 ?? what was it like to have 6 again someone?? lol but now i have an odd number??
keep her you know you want to.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The thing that stops me adopting more of my fosters is that by keeping them, it takes up a space that a more needy cat could take, so there is your voice of reason!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

I think you might be asking the wrong people to convince you to let her go for adoption!!! LOL. We're all hopeless kitty addicts too!!!!
This is the truth. I'm absolutely the wrong person to ask - I care for 13 of the little munchkins.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

CONGRATS

6 isnt that many, and its a great number of kitties to have

who am I to talk I have 6

But I say GO FOR IT, how could u resist that sweet face
she is just such a cutie pie

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

The thing that stops me adopting more of my fosters is that by keeping them, it takes up a space that a more needy cat could take, so there is your voice of reason!!
Thought about that already and she's mingling with my crew. She's not in the area where I keep the fosters - so not really taking up any space. I keep my fosters on a separate floor.
And....as I'm sitting here....she may have just ruined her chances with me. She took a crap on my carpet!
This has happened before a couple of times and she's always close to the litter box (this time only 6 inches away), but I don't want to deal with that for the next 20 years! ARrrgghhhh. I was leaning towards keeping her (and kinda still am) and she hasn't done this in weeks (since her babies went). this is the first time! She didn't miss, that's for sure - it was a good 6 inches from the box. Ohhhhh - that makes me so mad!!!
I just don't want to be cleaning carpets for the next 20 years. Why did she have to do that?
Now I'm back to not knowing what to do.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she does in that someone else's house, they might just dump her
You're in love with her and are wondering if she's worth it for that...

Maybe you need some help in figuring out WHY she's doing it?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no Lisa.
I was hoping to hear that things were working out smoothly!!

I hope that she doesnt poop on your floor anymore, because I still think you need to keep her!!!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...the pooping thing you can definitely handle. There's lots of info in the behavior forum, and elsewhere on this site. You can do it!!!

And I couldn't possibly try to talk you out of something that is clearly meant to be...she sounds like she's a part of your gang already. I say give her the home with you that she deserves...you deserve it too!!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a beauty and I would say go for it. However, logically of coarse you have to ask yourself the important questions on wether all the pros and cons balanance and if it's the right thing to do...If you believe it is..add another furbaby to the household.

I would love to get another cat right now but with me it is a problem with not enough space.

Good luck making your decision, and if you can't keep her take heart in the fact that you at least had her for a little while and now she can make someone else happy as well.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

If she does in that someone else's house, they might just dump her
You're in love with her and are wondering if she's worth it for that...

Maybe you need some help in figuring out WHY she's doing it?
Actually since she's only done this a couple of times and all are close to the box I think I know why she's doing it. She's one of those "super clean" kitty's meaning if there is more than one load in her litter box she won't use it.
With a little work I think we can take care of that problem. I have to make sure I'm adament about her litter box and I'm also slowly over time going to move her box to eventually get it into the basement in the "kitty potty room" with the others. Once I get it down there I"m going to swap it to an extra large box like I"ve got for the others (all my litter boxes are actually rubbermaid storage containers that are about 3ft X 2ft and about 8 inches deep). Can put plenty of litter in there and with so many boxes in the cellar I shouldn't have a problem. If for some reason I slip up too and don't clean it to her liking - if she goes down there at least it's on the concrete and not my rug. We'll see. I'm keeping it super clean now to see if that helps.
As a side note - the only cat she tends to not get along very well with in the house is Pebbles. She can be a real you know what sometimes and gets really bent out of shape, but I just watched the two of them chasing each other around the house - playfully!!