Someone PLEASE help me...

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My oldest cat Molasses always threw up a lot, I always thought he ate too fast. If she's eating too fast you could put her food on a flat dish and spread it out in sections on the plate, that could slow her up a little bit. Good luck.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The way my vet explained it, when you can see the kibbles are pretty whole, that means nothing was digested and the kitty just tossed them up (regurgitated it) - often because they were simply eating too fast. They have a shorter digestive tract than humans, so it's not quite as difficult for them to toss their cookies, so to speak. When it's digested food that comes up, that's true vomit and can be a more serious symptom in a vet's eyes.

You might have to try a couple of foods. My guys have had Petsmart's authority (they were adopted from there) and were perfectly healthy. One thing you may notice when you start buying 'better' food is that even if it costs a bit more upfront, you're probably feeding less of it per day...probably balances out in the long run. If she starts getting fat on the new food, your vet can probably work with you to figure out how much to measure out on a daily basis - a lot of times the bag guidance can be a bit high for an indoor kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

britty36

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks SO SO SO much for all the advice!! I'm going to go to petsmart at some point this week (we live in the boonies and the closest Petsmart is really far) and get her some Authority. From what i've seen and read about it, it is pretty good food and affordable. I also raised up FiFI's food dish, so hopefully that and a food change she will stop! Thanks again!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an idea. But if there are farm supply stores closer there's one brand of cat food usually sold at them that is fairly good. Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul.