Someone know what's going on with my cat?

mphmph89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, so the last week I have noticed throw up every once and awhile. I have three cats and I thought it was just the fat one over eating. Well Tuesday night I witnessed a different cat throw up in front of me. It was just slightly digested food nothing too strange. She ran off to her liter box and I cleaned it. She can back and jumped on my counter, I shooshed her off and she went in the front room. Not even 5 minutes later my husband calls me in there because he thinks something is wrong with her. She was hiding and he could see her mouth open. I grabbed her and noticed her face was swollen. Close to the chin, nose, and cheek. Her breathing was rapid and I could tell she was struggling. I work at a vet clinic(as a groomer so I don't know much) and called the doc and she told me to give Benadryl. It helped with the swelling which gradually went down over night. I brought her to work and they ran bloodwork. Only noticed low white blood cells and a fever. They gave me antibiotics to go home with. That was Wednesday. And she really hasn't got better. Won't eat or drink and just kind of sits there. She peed on the floor, so I keep her in the bathroom so she can't pee on everything. I let her out and she walks around good follows me a lot which is weird. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem before. If t was just an allergic reaction she should of been fine now. Right? Idk if she was bit or ate something or idk. I did notice she sounds congested also. Help if you can!!!!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to take her for an emergency Vet service.. yes, the ER Vet...

she is in bad condition.. I would not wait...

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, she needs to be seen by a vet now. Something is very wrong and she needs vet attention sooner rather than later.