Someone is murdering cats!

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm also going to have to agree with everyone here! Its absolutely
disgusting that theres someone out there that takes their anger or gets off on killing poor animals. I would deffinatley get the media involed, post signs and stuff around warning people to keep their cats inside. Also on the signs you should put this catsite so people who have had there poor babies missing or murdered can come here to get the support that they need!! I hope this person is caught!!! What goes around comes around!!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just for everyone's benefit, I am posting an update. A reporter friend of mine did some research on this topic, because it is a distressing topic. After the proper authorities were contacted it was discovered that this happened back in 2005 it was always concerning orange kitties, and it is suspected that a kid is behind the mutilations. They ran lots of articles to make the public aware that this is going on, offered a reward for information leading to the arrest of the sicko doing this, but no real leads resulted.

They are highly concerned about this crime against these cats, they are on top of any disappearance reported of pet cats. So unless this was a recent killing, looks like the abuser went underground or moved.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm sorta hesitant to say I'm ''glad'' it isn't anything current...I know none of us would be glad no matter when it did happen, even if it was years ago....But...whew!...let's just hope he's gone underground and stays there...like the 'underground-dwelling-creature that he is (for lack of a better word, mainly cuz I can't think of one y'all
)

Thanks for the update

Hilda >^..^<

van

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think some mentally ill madman is involved.Probably escaped from an asylum or such.
A normal human mind can't think thoughts as horrible and brutal as that. You should contact authorities. Madman or not he/she should be sentenced in jail for life.
Doctors should keep their patients under better observation... Still can't believe someone could do that to a cat.
Phsycho.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is just sick and wrong.
Tell your friend to also put an ad on craigslist.org in the pets section. People are always giving away their cats for free. I highly doubt someone who is just triing to find a better home for their kitty would want to give it to this guy. I read about pet preditors all the time in the pet section here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kobster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Got an email back from my friend (I wrote her about notifying the media) turns out this happened about two years go (so she doubts anyone would report on it, haha). I moved from Texas in 2004 and hadn't heard from her since then. She looked me up on MySpace a few weeks ago. WHen we talked on Yahoo voice Taz was the last thing she told me so I assumed it had just happened. Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle any fur.

Taz was a special kitty. He was a classic hairbrained orange cat. When he was a year old, he had to have emergency surgery to remove two coins from his gut that he had swallowed (why, we may never know). Run free at the rainbow bridge Tazman.

They never caught the guy, I hope he doesn't turn up somewhere murdering children.