someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladie7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
does the feliway plug-ins smell? I can't smell anything and don't know if it's working???????????????????

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hold a light near it and see if you can see a plume of "smoke"... this is how mine acts.

Humans can't smell them but cats certainly can!

ladie7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
this problem all started before she was declawed. She was declawed and spayed at the same time .... which was about 10 months ago. But the peeing outside the box started before that. I believe it was about the first time she went into heat. The vet said to let her have 1 cycle and then have her spayed... so that's what I did. We tried mating her because a friend of mine has a male persian and we thought they would have pretty kitties.... but Roxxie wanted no part of that!!!! So I decided after 1 unsuccessful attempt to just have her spayed. I believe that was about the time it all started... when we tried to mate her.... but that was 11 months ago!!!!!

ladie7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have tried cat attract. It seemed to work for awhile... but I never tried the automatic cleaning pan because I thought it might scare her as she scares very easily. Does it make alot of noise?

G

ghostuser

If she scares easily, did you try moving the box into a really secluded space? I keep mine in a closet (but I do it to keep my lab from stealing 'treats' from the box.)

You don't have a mat in front of the the box that maybe she doesn't want to step on?

Her food isn't near her box, is it?

She is not seeing another cat outside the window or something that could be upsetting her, is she?

Good luck, it's definitely not a fun problem to work through, but at least you're getting great advice here!

ladie7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No her food is not by her box..... I tried moving her box and she was really freaking out.... now I have a box inside the cage and another one outside the cage.... so she doesn't have to go in and out .... wherever she's at she has a box.... maybe this will help

furbum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you sure you got all the pee cleaned up? When I had this problem with my kitty I had to keep her in the bathroom until she was retrained (I would only take her out if I was around to watch her). In addition, all the pee had to be gone from everywhere else in the house, I'm talking blacklight clean (although some spots are not detectable with the blacklight) and smell free so that she wouldn't think to go outside the box again.

sampharo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oooooh, got in heat and spayed, that's bad! We had Jersey who was spayed after she got the cycle, and she gave us hell! Ok, it seems to me that it is connected. I read somewhere that female cats sort of "mark a territory" like males sometimes, as in pee in different places, and that is to attract males and mark her scent when she's in heat. After spaying she was growly and pissed all the time for months!! I guess having sensed it once she feels we took it away.

Anyway, from what you're telling me you have a long hard battle to correct her behaviour with kindness and support. The peeing may have started before the declawing and spaying, but declawing certainly aggravated and created a habit plus depression.

My heart is with you

Sam

balicatmomof2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Female cats can spray just like males. Especially if they are not fixed. My friends had a female that was fixed and she liked to whizz in the laundry baskets. They took her to the vet and the vet told her that some female cats do that when they are in heat or are trying to attract a male cat. Often cats pee on your things when they are mad at you or just trying to get attention.