Someone Help- My Poor Claude

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Claude went to the vet for a follow-up visit today. He is doing well. They did some bloodwork and his numbers are now considered normal. We are going to contiune to keep Claude on his wet food only perscription diet per the vets advice. He may need to be on this diet permenately. The vet also wants us to try to get Claude to do his sub-q fluids 1x a week. He had a small amount of sub-q fluids today at the vets. Both the vet and the vet tech were amazed at how much better Claude is doing. He seems to be gaining some weight finally. I printed out some information on some foods people mentioned to me on this forum and the vet gave me the ok to try 2 other perscription wet foods if Claude decides to stop liking his wet food again. I am so happy that Claude is acting like himself again and is eating well. Thanks for all your support it means a lot to us.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover73

Claude went to the vet for a follow-up visit today. He is doing well. They did some bloodwork and his numbers are now considered normal. We are going to contiune to keep Claude on his wet food only perscription diet per the vets advice. He may need to be on this diet permenately. The vet also wants us to try to get Claude to do his sub-q fluids 1x a week. He had a small amount of sub-q fluids today at the vets. Both the vet and the vet tech were amazed at how much better Claude is doing. He seems to be gaining some weight finally. I printed out some information on some foods people mentioned to me on this forum and the vet gave me the ok to try 2 other perscription wet foods if Claude decides to stop liking his wet food again. I am so happy that Claude is acting like himself again and is eating well. Thanks for all your support it means a lot to us.
Wonderful news!!! My renal failure girls eat perscription Purina NF canned food. Actually, all three of my girls love it. If you'd like me to send you a can for Claude to try, feel free to PM me your address and I'll send you a can. Hugs to both you and Claude!