someone broke in

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Golly, that is terrible. Sounds like it might have been kids. I'm just glad the kitties are OK and that nothing of much value was taken. Hugs.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eithne -thats horrible! I'm so glad to hear that you, Matt and the cats are okay

My car got broken into a few years ago, 3 times in one year
People are just awful, I don't understand!!

Hugs to you

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, that was someone else (i think crittermom?)
Yep, it was me.
E, I am so sorry that this happened to you.I don't understand why these idiots think that they can just help themselves to what ever they darn well please.I hope and pray that you and your BF can get some sense of security and will be able to once again feel safe in your own home.
I'm glad that kits are o.k. As for the stuff, I'm sorry it was taken.Hopefully you can find out who did it and those items will be returned.
HUGS!!!!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh sweetie I am so sorry this happened.
I hope that they catch whoever did it. And I am glad you and Matt and the kitties are okay. :hugs2:

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am soo sorry that happened to you sweetie
/ I have been there before, so I can definitely relate to that scary unsafe feeling that results from having your home invaded like that. Try to stay safe

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Eithne, how awful!
I'm pleased that you, Matt and the kitties are unscathed!

I'm glad Magnum was able to scare the nasty people away!

Many calming and safe }}}VIBES{{{ coming your way!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am gladthey didn't get much. But i know how you feel after someone breaking in. Unsafe in your own home and that really stinks!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of thief takes a mouse from the computer, but doesn't steal the actual computer?? That seems so pointless to me. Risking breaking into a house to steal a mouse and some change.
Glad that your kitties weren't injured in the process.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eithne, I'm really sorry to hear this. I hope you guys managed to get some rest last night. I imagine you'd all be pretty wound up.
That's my nightmare too - what would happen to the cats if someone broke in? I'm so relieved to hear your crew is safe.
to you all, double
to Magnum the hero.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seemingly they did let the cats out
my very nice neighbour found Bumper sleeping in the hallway and Boomer and Magnum stalking the hallways (well she heard them hissing at her puppy through the door) and she put them back in minutes before Matt had gone home and went in search of the building supervisor to get her to call the police and get a lock for our door so nothing else went missing in the mean time... she was still looking for our supervisor while Matt had him changing the locks!

I think she is more of a mess than me, she is older and lives alone and is feeling very threatened by the fact that someone broke in during the day

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I think she is more of a mess than me, she is older and lives alone and is feeling very threatened by the fact that someone broke in during the day
Bless her
Does she have your number Eithne just incase she panics

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh how scary it must have been for all of you. Thankfully no one has injured.
Our barn up at the farm is broken into regularly-not much to steal but one of our tractors is there and I'm always worried about that. We are going to set up a IR camera though to catch the people!!
I would also (as I advised Dixie Darlin) to put a fraud alert on your credit report -its free for 90 days).

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sooo sorry.. I can't beleive people are soo low.. and soo horrible to do this to others......

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I would also (as I advised Dixie Darlin) to put a fraud alert on your credit report -its free for 90 days).
That was one of the first things I did as I had been working on our taxes and our social insurance numbers and everything was on my desk. It actually isn't free up here, but we have had a problem with fraud before through work so it is money well spent.

Originally Posted by rosiemac

Bless her
Does she have your number Eithne just incase she panics
She does, as well as several other neighbours (she bakes for us all because she is home and bored all day) but we all work long hours (i guess that makes my floor an easy target as we all have very predictable hours). So no one is home all day and by the time any of us could get home if she called

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Seemingly they did let the cats out
my very nice neighbour found Bumper sleeping in the hallway and Boomer and Magnum stalking the hallways (well she heard them hissing at her puppy through the door) and she put them back in minutes before Matt had gone home and went in search of the building supervisor to get her to call the police and get a lock for our door so nothing else went missing in the mean time... she was still looking for our supervisor while Matt had him changing the locks!

How awful. TG for the kindness of good people.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Oh how scary it must have been for all of you. Thankfully no one has injured.
Our barn up at the farm is broken into regularly-not much to steal but one of our tractors is there and I'm always worried about that. We are going to set up a IR camera though to catch the people!!
I was just notified that someone stole a laptop from a fellow employee and had some of my info on it so here are the contact numbers. You only need to report to one and they are supposed to notify the others

...contact one of the three credit bureaus below to place a free fraud alert on your credit file for ninety (90) days:

Equifax 800-525-6285www.equifax.com

Experian 888-397-3742 www.experian.com

TransUnionCorp 800-680-7289www.transunion.com

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I was just notified that someone stole a laptop from a fellow employee and had some of my info on it so here are the contact numbers. You only need to report to one and they are supposed to notify the others

...contact one of the three credit bureaus below to place a free fraud alert on your credit file for ninety (90) days:

Equifax 800-525-6285www.equifax.com

Experian 888-397-3742 www.experian.com

TransUnionCorp 800-680-7289www.transunion.com
I called all three, just in case, they can take a while to contact the others. That is terrible about your co-worker, what is the world coming to?