Someday you'll change your mind. No I won't!!!

bellinakitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, great debates, guys. Some of you have very good points and are well-spoken.

Personally, I think that if you are a person who knows yourself well, and are an adult, you should have the ability to choose what you want in the way of having kids...whether that decision IS to have kids, is NOT, or is to ADOPT. No one else can tell you anything, because it's not their life, and they can't tell you what to do. America is the land of freedom, after all.

I myself have decided that if anything I will adopt...it's possible I may have my own, but I'm feeling more definite about adopting...if I have any children at all. I do want to be married (I don't think I'd truly be happy as a loner, even IF I'm very independent), and have a great life with someone else (hopefully, lol), but I'm not really interested in kids as something that HAS to be done.
I know myself, and it's better I choose not have children then to have them, regret it, and live out an even more stressful life. Children are HARD...they do have their rewards and everyone will feel different about it, but I admit, it doesn't sound like the thing for me. I'm just not cut out for it.