Some vibes for Reilly

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Tracey, remind your vet of this reaction the next time Reilly needs his annual shots, so that he can be given another brand of vaccine and/or an antihistamine before the shot. I'm happy to hear that he's recovering.
Jamie had a bad reaction to his yearly shots a few years ago, and now he gets an antihistamine shot beforehand, and we stay in the waiting room for a half hour afterwards, just in case he goes into shock again. My vets also don't give him the brands/combi shots he had that time.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad that he's feeling better!

Tracy, I'm sure you're feeling better too knowing that he's doing well now!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Tracey, remind your vet of this reaction the next time Reilly needs his annual shots, so that he can be given another brand of vaccine and/or an antihistamine before the shot. I'm happy to hear that he's recovering.
Jamie had a bad reaction to his yearly shots a few years ago, and now he gets an antihistamine shot beforehand, and we stay in the waiting room for a half hour afterwards, just in case he goes into shock again. My vets also don't give him the brands/combi shots he had that time.
That's excellent advice Tricia. Once is surely scary enough to go through this.
Tracy, I'm so glad that your handsome boy is on the mend!

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry, I just caught up with this thread just now!!!! How totally frightening!
It is very good news to hear that your handsome man is on the mend. Your nerves must be mending, as well!
Give Reilly big loves from the gang here.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

Today was a very scary day....

Yesterday I took Reilly for his yearly vet checkup and vaccines. All was well last night and then this morning he seemed a bit off, didn't eat his breakie and was just very lethargic, I had to go to my work so my mom and dad said they would keep an eye on him, we thought maybe he was just sore from his needles. When I got to work my dad called me and said that Reilly had vomitted then fell over and started having a seizure!!. I rushed to meet them at the vet. The vet says it was more than likely a delayed allergic reaction to the rabies shot (strange that this was the first time it happened), he gave him a shot of steriods to bring down his temp and now he's back to himself. If you could please spare some vibes for him it would really be appreciated!
I am so sorry this happened. I have looked at a lot of cat pictures on this forum, but Reilly is the cat I would take home with me if I could. I hope all will be okay now. God bless you sweet kitty. You are beautiful.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just catching your post! I bet you were so scared! Glad to hear he is getting back to normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Yes, the vet told us that prior to next years shots we need to give him an antihistamine and then afterwards as well. They made sure that they put that up as a warning on his chart as well so that it never happens again.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lets hope this never happens again to Reilly!

How is he feeling today? Hopefully he's back to his normal self!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

How's my husband doing today
?
He's feeling pretty good. He'll be done his pills next week.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hope Reilly is continuing to improve. Next to my own, he is my favorite cat here.