Some people should not even breed!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Went grocery shopping today, and as I came out of the store, I noticed a group of kids around a big decorated trunk. I went over to see what the fuss was all about, and inside the trunk were the cutest baby kittens! I leaned down to look at them they were clearly sick- eyes crusty, nose running,ears gunky.
I started giving my lecture of "you really should get the mom spayed- I have some certificates in my car" speil. An older kid said, "the mom cat is dying, her nipples are falling off!
GRRRR!

So now, I have 3 babies upstairs- they ate like there was no tomorrow, and they have been de-wormed and medicated. They are pure white, except for splashes of color on their heads. One has a splash of black, the others have peach, black and beige. They are feral babies as well, hiss, spit and claws, but they are now in a safe place. I believe there are two females and a male, but they are still to young to tell. I put them at just under a month old.

Mike was waiting at the truck for me when I got out of the store, and I had to go over to him first and ask him "Honey, do you have your rescue hat on right now?"

I told the family when I took the kittens that they needed to take the mom to the vet and have her looked at, and if she was dying they needed to put her to sleep. They just looked at me like I was nuts.....and you know what? I probably am.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How terribly sad, but at least the kittens have a chance now that you have them. Poor babies! Poor Mama Cat! You're right, white trash all the way (and no, I don't care what color of skin the kids have), and the worst part of all is that they will raise their own kids with the same attitude toward animals.

Well, you couldn't sleep with that mama skunk around anyway, right?

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my god, you are incredible hissy!!!!!!!!

You deserve like, kitten saver of the year award or something.

People suck so bad!!!!

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
Went grocery shopping today, and as I came out of the store, I noticed a group of kids around a big decorated trunk. I went over to see what the fuss was all about, and inside the trunk were the cutest baby kittens!
I could be daft, but, what do you mean by fuss? Were they playing with them or teasing them or something?

BTW, good for you for saving them and trying to make a difference, and good for your husband for having his "rescue hat" on.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hissy, you are an angel. Give those little ones a kiss from me, when they let you get close enough, that is!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You aren't daft Tamme- they were just all standing in a group and it got my attention. They thought I was daft for taking them all. One of them isn't doing so hot right now, and could use some prayers.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
God bless you for taking in these kittens, and also Mike, for having his rescue hat on.

How could any person (kid or adult) be so nonchalant about another living being dying? That's just sick. And people wonder why our society has become more violent and les caring?

I hope the sick kitten gets well soon. I'm sure it has all of us here pulling for it. It's got the best caretaker and angel any sick kitten could have
Oh, BTW, I don't think you're nuts!

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA, that is so wonderful of you to save those little babies! I'm stirring up some Board Magic for the little ones!!

Bless you and Mike for being such caring people! I wish there were more people like you two out in this world. I'm sure it would be completely different!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winkin.....Blinkin and..Nodd.... thank you. We just had litter box action! Yay! Thanks Sandie, the vegetable oil did the trick!!!

8cats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hissy you are not daft. If the world had more caring people like you it would be a better place. I hope the kitten will be ok. I will add it to my prayers.

I wish more states would change their laws concerning pets - to laws concerning companion animals. People should have to be responsible for their animals. If people do not want to take care of them why do they have them?

I work with a rescue group and my biggest problem is keeping my mouth shut when I see animal abuse or talking nice to someone who is trying to adopt through us after telling me they need another dog or cat because the last one " froze up during the winter" " got ran over on the road" " was sick and just laid around until it died" ect. ect.. We never adopt out to anyone who is not going to be a responsible owner. But, we still have to be nice to all of the public, even to the jerks of the world.

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy, you are one very remarkable lady, as is your dh Mike. You guys have shown so much love to animals of all type! Bless you both! Prayers going out to you and your new babies. Get well soon little Angels!

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy, those kittens are so lucky you found them! I don't know where you find the energy, but I really admire your dedication. Sending healing energy to the babies ( and some extra energy for you, too, you'll probably need it!
)

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those babies just got their best chance with you. I really cannot stand people who treat animals as disposable.....