Some people just don't care about cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

russiankitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh dear how sad all those poor creatures. I was thinking earlier this woman was awful but shes probably just the tip of the ice berg. So true too so many children being neglected. It really makes you wonder why can't people just think before they take on the huge responsibility of caring for a life? Peoples don't think tho I guess and there in lies the problem
grrr

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Some people are just too self centered for their own good. But karma has a way of biting people like her in the butt.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't live with thinking the worst of what could have happened to him. So think good thoughts! Maybe he is with a really loving happy family who adores him and maybe he has other kitties who are now becoming his best friends. Maybe right now he is curled up with his other kitty friends or on the chest of his owner while they are watching tv.

The woman is truly a pip but maybe the people who have him are better than her. We have to have faith. It is just too sad otherwise.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

Maybe he is with a really loving happy family who adores him and maybe he has other kitties who are now becoming his best friends. Maybe right now he is curled up with his other kitty friends or on the chest of his owner while they are watching tv.

True, just because they answered an ad run by someone who shouldn't own a pet doesn't mean that they are the same as her. Just the membership on this and other boards proves that there are many real animal lovers in the world who will provide for them as they would a two legged family member.

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bookworm

When you think of how many children are in foster care and state custody due to abuse or neglect, and see how many more should be I think that they do let them walk out of the hospital with no concept of how to care for them, (at least here in the states).

As many neglected, abused or abandoned cats and dogs and even an Easter Bunny who had the audacity to grow up as have been brought of found their way to my door I would be fully in favor of mandatory liscencing for pet owners.

The health and behaviour issues these guys have by the time I get them are awful. I have one cat who was so afraid it took nearly two years to be able to pet her! One with a leg so badly infected that after a year of treatments and minor surgery it required amputation. A dog who'd spent two years living in a pen ankle deep in his own waste being fed nothing but table scraps. And he was heartworm positive.

Oops, sorry for the rant.
When I hear stories like this it always makes me cry ... those poor lil innocents.

I love the "black list" idea, but where would it be posted? Russian, I think you should definitely start one, with that woman's name on it. Maybe drop it off at your local shelter, at least let them know what happened. Most shelters are pretty picky about who they adopt out to.

One more thing we can do is pray. I try to pray each day for these innocent, helpless creatures and for all children, women and men who are victims of cruel abuse. I'm not always faithful to my prayer life, but I will renew my efforts for sure!

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RussianKitten

I agree with Lauren there should be a sort of black list. I always think People should have a licence to own animals (specific animals at that as each different species needs different thigns).So they'd be a horse licence, cat licence, dog licence etc. People should work hard to obtain a licence (go to classes, show an honest and strong interest in the animal they want to own, show they know whats involved in that animals care). If people can't do that then no licence for them. And even if they did and got their licence, they could have it challanged by others and removed if shown to not be responsible. It would save so much misery.
I don't know if I agree with making an animal owner license that hard to get. If it had been that way from the beginning it would work, because overpopulation wouldn't have happened, but we need so many homes now that setting up a barrier to someone getting started seems like it would, at least in the short term, create more problems than it would solve. But, something simple...like a small book to read and a test to take on it, like the driver's manual and written test to get the learner's permit, could be part of adopting the first cat. Something to make people aware that they have to use common sense.

I do think, though, that there should be a pretty tough licensing process for breeding cats, and that should be applied to anyone with cats that are capable of being accidentally bred.

brunhilda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When I was looking to adopt a cat, I was looking at Craigslist. My widget is a very spoiled shelter cat. Good people are out there.